[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who have been drawing for years (Or even a year) but still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_oszthcTxwl1vb27fno2_1280.jpg (308KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oszthcTxwl1vb27fno2_1280.jpg
308KB, 1000x1414px
People who have been drawing for years (Or even a year) but still suck. What was your routine? What did you think you did right?

We usually hear from those who draw and become good quickly, but what about those that have made no progress? I feel like it's good to hear from both sides.

Pic not related
>>
>>3080541
the triangle is usually a symbol for lesbianism
>>
>draw every day
>do exercises
>read loomis
>watch proko
>still can't properly draw the human figure
should've tried fruity loops or some shit, music is way easier than this garbage
>>
>>3080541
What have the successful people said their routines were?
>>
>>3080541
i dont consider myself an expert but my progress has been too slow in my opinion and all is because i dont draw daily, i do want to get better but work and drawing are not the same activity.
>>
>>3080558
Studying perspective.
Drawing for hours a day.
Draw daily.
Study instead of randomly doodling.
Taking stimulants to study for long periods of time.

I might have missed a ton and some may be wrong but these are the things I've heard. Just the standard stuff.
>>
>>3080562
How come no one really talks about composition in their studies
>>
Draw for fun, rather than improving, then improve for fun.
>>
>>3080569
I think it's because composition comes with the territory of art. And it's really up to opinion on what good composition is.
>>
>>3080541
>go to school
>animate once in a while during free time
>start working
>take 2 hour bus ride to and from work
>draw on bus
>too tried to do anything after work

honestly think I just didn't try to learn the right stuff while I was in school, and kept doing the same wrong stuff over and over. When I was working, was too focused on work, and when I drew on the bus, I drew from imagination and not reference.
>>
>>3080599
Draw the people on the bus
>>
I honestly started to improve once I actually wanted to draw pretty girls. I drew a bunch from reference and supplemented it with imagonative stuff.
And also doing a lot of portrait studies helps find really crucial landmarks that make a good face.

Now I'm drawing a bunch of characters for this illustrated story I'm doing, and I'm not bogged down much with shitty drawings. Oh also learn to draw expressive hands. I'm dead serious. They're super hard to deal with especially from imagination, but they make your pieces slick as hell once you nail them.
>>
File: rain.gif (426KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
rain.gif
426KB, 500x255px
I went from 12 y/o's deviantart to
>struggling with figure drawing
>construction is off
>catch myself symbol drawing
>cant into painting
>chicken scratching
in about 4 years with about 6-9 hours drawing a week

I want to practice painting more but it takes so long
I can sit for 5 hours and im just about done with construction and polishing the lineart because I have to redraw constantly
the construction can take 30min to draw but every hour or so I get the feeling its off and I 'have to' redraw constantly and looking in retrospect every single one of them is wrong in some way

I'm not dumb in any sense but it's like I can't keep a clear image of what the painting is going to look like while I'm painting, even the basic stuff like which perspective I'm working on or what the basic shapes look like.

Now I say 4 years but that's the time where I've made some kind of an effort to git gud

I used to draw all the time when I was a kid, or doodle rather
I'd doodle all over 100s of pages every day and I've been told by old teachers that in art class I used to challenge myself in all sorts of odd ways like drawing various animals without letting the pencil lift off the canvas
In my teenage years I stopped drawing for some reason, I mean I'd doodle during math or whatever but not like before

so now I'm in my mid-twenties with a need to draw, I'm miserable if I don't do it from time to time
it sort of feels like a sugar craving but no matter what you do it just doesnt go away, until I sit and draw for a couple of hours then I can relax
But I think I missed out on a lot of the cognition involved when I stopped drawing in my teens
so it's like loving math, but you're absolute shit at it and it eats away at you because you want to git gud, you just don't however.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.