[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't you just learn to photobash? most retards nowadays

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1501404951664.jpg (660KB, 1920x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1501404951664.jpg
660KB, 1920x1183px
why don't you just learn to photobash? most retards nowadays can't tell the difference and you'll be lining your pockets with patreon bucks easily. all you need are sufficient references to photobash from
>>
>>3080096
People can tell the difference quite easily. Most just don't care. Your picture is a good example of something that wouldn't be achievable by most artists even if they were using photos.
>>
for the same reason I don't care to learn grime art, found object art, abstract expressionism and a hundred other movements. The philosophy doesn't appeal to me, the method doesn't appeal to me and the results don't appeal to me.

I'd rather slave away with archaic methods than piss about with some business ethic that emphasizes quantity and minimizes human expression. The day I let my taste be determined by deadlines and despot art directors I might as well off myself and be done with it.

So what if laymen think it looks cool, sure, go ahead and lick their balls if that's what gets you going in life. Not my thing.

At the end of the day, even in the hands of a skilled artist, photobashing looks sterile. The ugliest, messiest art can make sense in the right situations but sterile art is an inexcusable offense
>>
>>3080139

tldr
>>
>>3080167
muh principles
>>
Brad Rigney was amazing and now his art looks boring as hell and you can spot every point he photobashed even when he is the very top in doing it. The excuse he uses is that he could do it without photobashing, it would just cost more time. I don't think so, the results clearly changed.
>>
>>3080096
How do these photobash people get their perspectives to line up?
>>
File: 1310715234494.jpg (18KB, 315x362px) Image search: [Google]
1310715234494.jpg
18KB, 315x362px
But I know how to photobash.

I want people to tell the difference. I love the juxtaposition.

I strive to do the Bakemonogatary thing. Cartoony vs photography vs 3D vs sketchy. One minute they are doodles and the other realistic looking. Then they turn into videogame sprites.

The only people who I know prefer a ""painterly"" look are just people who aren't into art but want to feel artsy. I want to be Rogers Rabbit and Space Jam. Or Oyasumi Pun Pun where a doodle is the MC while the world around him is photorealistic.

Just imagine painting the same character the same way over and over and over until you die. I would kill myself if all my art looked the same for years.

The meme of keeping the style consistent was not to break the immersion of the public. But that was before the 80's. Everyone knows how movies and art are made nowadays. They know everything is fake, you're not fooling anybody. They want to be entertained. That's what I want and why I started to do art. Not for virtue signaling, but for amusement.

What matters is not style consistency, but ideas, humor, wit, energy, characters.
>>
>>3080270
Carapace.
>>
>>3080270
Transform Tool
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.