[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's it take to be able to draw paintings like this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2340.jpg (359KB, 550x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2340.jpg
359KB, 550x786px
So what's it take to be able to draw paintings like this one? What skills are necessary?

Most people here ask how to draw and other simple things but I'd like to know about more advance techniques. Any seasoned artists willing answer this?
>>
>>3080032
you don't draw paintings for starters
>>
>>3080032
you need balls

you need the balls to believe in a vision

and you need the balls to believe in your motor skills to carry out that vision

and you need to have the balls to be patient with mistakes

you dont have any? youre wasting your time

and you gotta have the balls to refute me when i tell you youre wasting your time
>>
>>3080061
and when i say balls

i mean real, hefty clackers. high density. clack clack motherfucker. people should hear you coming from a mile away from how loud your balls clack when you walk.

CLACK CLACK
>>
File: A10V7mfel0L._SL1500_.jpg (450KB, 1024x1500px) Image search: [Google]
A10V7mfel0L._SL1500_.jpg
450KB, 1024x1500px
>>3080071
>>
>>3080032
There are no advanced techniques.
For a painter, the techniques don't get much more complex than being able to draw a cylinder very well - because it's not about complex ideas, it's about complex combinations of simple ideas.

Even more important than learning how to draw is learning how to think.
Take it as an advice or just pseudo philosophy, but it definitely works for me.
>>
>>3080047
Noted, I assumed.
>>3080061
>>3080071
>>3080084
So motivation and heart?
I'll be sure to order some online.
>>3080085
I never really thought of it that way, I always thought of it as much harder process because the tools used for painting aren't the same as sculpting or drawing.

Thanks for responding anons
>>
>>3080032
For a painting like this, you'd need:
Good drawing skills, for the initial sketch
Good compositional skills, for the layout
Good color skills
Oil painting experience, especially with glazing, texture, and brushwork.
Good skills in lighting.
With talent, you might get to this level, with daily practice, in 10 years, that's how long the master's generally took to reach their prime.
>>
>>3080085
>There are no advanced techniques.
Laughably untrue. The glazing techniques alone in this piece are advanced.

You sound like someone who's never painted in their life - only someone with no actual experience in oils would say the things you are.
>>
File: clackclack.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clackclack.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>3080061
>>3080071
>>3080084
>>
you are not good enough to paint like this and you never will be
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.