[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying to find YouTube videos that match the following

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: drawing-skills-before-after-4-2.jpg (146KB, 880x831px) Image search: [Google]
drawing-skills-before-after-4-2.jpg
146KB, 880x831px
I've been trying to find YouTube videos that match the following description:

Montage of drawings/paintings done by an artist, no talking or interruptions(preferably with the date listed, indicating progress), showing a person who has no idea how to draw in the least bit, ascending to be a skilled artist.

I've found videos where people go from low adult drawing level to photorealistic drawing, and I've found videos where people talk about their drawing progress with some drawings, but never anything that skims through drawings, showing the progress as it happens, and, frankly, this is something I want to see.
Anyone have any links?
>>
>>3079944
sigh... op, this is not impressive. Human copies machines are the worst, just braindead monkeys drawing pop culture stars to gain exposition. dont be fooled. dont go to that path if you think you have a brain.
>>
>>3080445
i don't know i have a certain fondness for pencil renderings like this. it's not very impressive, every craft fair in the world has at least one person as good as the ops pic. but it's cute isn't it? i'd spend $20 on an A4 of tay sway, worth it for the irony alone
>>
they normally use a scale method, they dont measure just withe the eyes >:(
>>
>>3080445
The pic was only to post the topic, since it's required.

Did you read the topic or just look at the picture?
>>
guess i'll take videos of my drawings and post a montage in 4 years.
>>
>>3079944
I'mma start now and get back to you in 4 years.
>>
>>3080853
Well, I guess it's never too late.
Since we more or less have that record in Van Gogh, I wonder if anyone has a montage.
>>
>>3079944
Jesus what happened to this guy between 2009 and 2010?
>>
>>3081317
started copying photos?
>>
>>3081343
Even copying photos you'd need to be damn good with proportion, line quality, measurements, and value. That's fucking great progress regardles.
>>
>>3081317
>>3081355

It's a skill that can be learned, but can be painful to acquire. If you're working with photos, it might be good to use tracing paper, so you can repeatedly draw the outlines of shapes, then trace the photo you're copying to compare how off you were. Eventually, after doing it probably 5,000 times, you'll be able to find the outline with good accuracy.
>>
>>3081355
From what I've seen, the majority of people who only photocopy pictures like in the OP end up either outright tracing or copying the photo block by block with a grid. It's quite hard to fuck up proportions with those methods.
>>
>>3080445
It's a great showing of technical skill and a great way to grow your social media platforms.
>>
>>3081355
99% of copy machine artists trace. It's only when it comes to complex texture work where they stray from the source.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.