[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I keep up with all the new popular games and animes that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: a.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
How can I keep up with all the new popular games and animes that people make fanart of? i'm neither a gamer nor an anime person so I usually only know what's popular in the moment when 3+ of the artists I follow all make fanart of it. how can i stay on top? how do i know where to find the hype first instead of being the last to know? are there some facebook pages i need to follow or something.
>>
>>3078568
Check on the top played games of Twitch and check out Myanimelist for animes of the season
>>
>>3078568
Follow art majors that identify with faggy pronouns on twitter and tumblr.
>>
Or maybe you could continue ignoring that puerile shit and do whatever you're passionate about
>>
>>3078575
thanks, sounds like good advice
>>
File: 1322264320743.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1322264320743.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>3078586
>>
Why would anyone do fanart of something and they're not fans of the franchise they draw? That doesn't make any sense to me and angers me spiritually.
>>
>>3078839
This. Don't draw shit just for the sake of following a trend if. Surely there exists something you actually like that is somewhat popular, anyways.
>>
>>3078839
Because making fanart of something that is popular is much more likely to get you viewers/followers than drawing something original. You could make the coolest most unique concept or character and you'd barely get anyone to give a shit, however if you draw the millionth picture of batman at a beginner level you're guaranteed to find someone who gives a shit. The same goes for drawing whatever big titted anime chick is popular at the moment, that's what people want to see and that's what people will pay for.
>>
>>3078839
if you actually like the process of drawing, the subject doesn't matter

the rest is just making money from your skill, like a carpenter.
>>
>>3078846
Exactly. This is obviously for boosting popularity, because like it or not that's important as a digital artist. Ask anyone for tips on growing your following and their first or second answer is gaurenteed to always be "fanart".
>>
>>3078839
I didn't get that at first but if it's for exposure why not?

I'm not going to draw shit I don't like but let's say anon likes drawing titty monsters. They'd look for popular anime show or video game and draw the titty monster in it. Bam, exposure.
>>
File: nier_automata_dlc.jpg (41KB, 850x462px) Image search: [Google]
nier_automata_dlc.jpg
41KB, 850x462px
OP here. it's not that i hate these characters, i actually don't mind painting pretty female characters from most popular games. It's not like i would paint something i can't even stand looking at or characters that are of zero interest to me. I'm just not a gamer, so i don't follow the shit to know what's new and gaining mass popularity and end up realizing it months after the hype.
>>
>>3078568
>how can i stay on top?
the fact that you think like this shows you don't have what it takes. keep art as a hobby
>>
>>3078568
Yuri on Ice.
Fate/Apocrypha.
>>
>>3078568

ok so here's my process

>go on tumblr
>see what's trending
>watch whatever show keeps hitting #1
>wait for a new episode
>watch it immediately when it drops
>draw a joke comic based on the episode
>bc joke comics always get 10k notes
>post it asap
>profit

tumblr sucks but its trending chart is easy exposure. twitter and facebook are full of normies so the trending things are always politics or the walking dead or whatever, but on tumblr the trending shit is always stuff with huge, rabid fanbases. ppl are more likely to reblog if it's a comic or a joke, otherwise they'll just like it which doesnt help much with exposure. plus, if the content is in episodes, people will watch and then dive into the show's tag to see what other people are saying, so the sooner you post after the ep the better.

last time an episode of something i liked dropped, i made 2 posts (not a joke comic; probably wouldve gotten better results if it was), got 1.8k and 650 notes respectively and i got about a hundred followers within the week. not great, but im also pretty much starting from scratch as an artist on there so not bad either
>>
>>3078568
lol, imagine backing yourself into a corner where you're stuff drawing fan art of stuff you're not a fan of, great career choice buddy
>>
>>3078875
too late, i'm already being paid.
>>
>>3078846

If you don't watch X anime then you'll be stuck with drawing some flavor pin-up that probably would make no sense rather than a narrative piece. Then there is this queer >>3079300 who apparently watches an episode out of an entire show. Disgusting.

>>3078847
has nothing to do with what I said
>>3078857
sure "exposure" to bot follows and a few hundred fictions likes.
>>
>>3079306
Literally 99% of careers are doing something you're not particularly a fan of but you do it anyway because you get paid for it. You think plumbers are big fans of fixing clogged toilets?
>>
Unless you are a faggot who hates things just because they are popular, you are bound to at some point draw something that you like and is popular.
>>
>>3079469
There are a whole bunch of careers that pay better than art, with less training required, so why would you do art if you don't enjoy it
>>
The best imo is to do 50/50 at first : 50% your own stuff, and 50% flavour of the month,to get some more exposure. Then, as time goes by & fame grows, make less fanart & more of your on thang...
>>
>>3079513
There are a whole bunch of careers that pay worse than art as well and I for one can't think of many careers that someone like you could stomach if the slight discomfort of drawing fanart of anime or video games you don't really care about is your breaking point.

If art is your job, it doesn't have to be fun in the sense that you have to be ecstatic about every single job you do. Same how most office workers don't consider their job any fun. Artists just have the luxury that it CAN be fun.
>>
i see what's trending on tumblr, and i'm not proud to admit this, but knowyourmeme.
they're both awful sites, but if you want to know what the newest waifu or popular franchise is at the moment, they're great.

>>3079300
also this. people love comics.
>>
>>3079314
And your point is? Unless you're making $80K a year or more, it's irrelevant.
>>
>>3079469
art isn't a clogged toilet.
>>
>>3079554
I can stomach anything if it PAYS WELL ENOUGH. That was the fucking point. Does drawing anime waifus pay well? No, it doesn't.
>>
>>3079777
>Does drawing anime waifus pay well? No, it doesn't.
are you retarded?
>>
>>3079781
10K isn't shit, once all those bills you live on kick in.
>>
>>3079787
not him but with 10k I can live like a king in my 3rd world sand castle
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 220x229px
>>3079788
>Only 3rd world shitters go full Jew by pandering to normies.
Really makes you think...
>>
>>3078568
Get better.

They probably do it because they get requests for it.
>>
>>3079796
>They probably do it because they get requests for it.
no, they don't.
>>
>>3078586
>>3078833
What if you're passionate about money, or your passion doesn't make you money at all so you split your work between no money whoring and turbo money whoring
>>
I don't know about other game fans but I can tell when artists aren't really into the whole anime gaming scene it shows in the work, so in some ways someone who eat sleeps and breathes it will always have this extra spark that shines through . Follow up question is why would you want to be on top of something you aren't into in the first place ?
>>
>>3079882
how do you know?
>>
>>3078575
pretty much this.
>>
>>3079995
simple, they don't take requests. i don't know any artist who's good enough to open commissions that will accept free requests, even if it's fanart. especially not listen to random commenters that say "can you draw ___ from ___?". no one's got time for free handouts. and second they're sakimichan type people who are doing it for popularity/money. sakimichan herself has admitted at times that she wasn't a fan in some of her pieces, like her Rainbow Dash one. so obviously she did it just for the show's popularity.

if you guys don't care about any of this and only want to draw what you want, that's fine and honorable~ but i want lots of followers and this has proven to work.
>>
>>3080039
Am I missing something here? If you know who the artist is you're trying to emulate then why don't you contact the artist and ask them how they're doing it. Seems like you know a few .
>>
>>3080039
How many threads are u gonna make dude? What's this obsession with sakimichan ?
>>
>>3078568
if you have a a young under 20 kid in your family try to stay in frequent contact with him and ask him whats hot

>>3078575
also this as well
>>
>>3078568
If you really want to be at Ground Zero when the fandom bucks hits you have to acquire a taste for, uh, fandom. I feel like /co/mblr would be better at explaining this, but basically you have to be able to tell the warning signs of Tumblr-bait (a la large cast of shippable characters, husbandos/waifus, a large PR hype cycle, just a general "feel") beforehand.

Hell, casually browse /co/ and /v/ and you'll get a good sense of what things are hip and new.
>>
>>3079777
If you're a moderately successful patreon fanartist, there are very few jobs out there that can compete with the money to work hours ratio. Not to mention the incredibly low stress factor.
>>
>>3079787
What job do you do that pays 10k$ a month? Sometimes I wonder if people like you have ever actually worked a day in their life in the real world. You always talk like your options are being an artist or being the CEO of a multinational mega-corporation.
>>
File: 1467512171709.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1467512171709.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
>>3078846
then stop complaining. you've already decided you want to suck cocks for viewers over following your own passion.
>>
>>3078568
Fan art is for beginners. If you've been drawing for years and you're still doing sonic and video game characters, you're unimaginative and boring.
>>
>>3078847
huh, never thought of it that way
makes sense
>>
>>3078575
fpbp strikes again
>>
>>3078568
knowyourmeme has a 'recent' art gallery full of user submitted shit.
>>
>>3078575
One thing to note if you're not into anime and if you decide to watch whatever show you find on MAL is to never ever put your trust in the reviews. A lot. and I mean A LOT of the shows on there rated badly are actually decent in their own way. Likewise a lot of the shows rated highly are vastly overrated.
>>
>>3084635
woops...forgot

go by the 3 episode rule (actually these days maybe 4 eps because of the madoka effect)
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.