[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post work You don't need to be a chef to know if

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1446227766875.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1446227766875.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>post work
You don't need to be a chef to know if the meal sucks.
>>
>you dont need to be an aerospace engineer to know that shit aint gonna fly
>>
>>3077694
ooo
>>
This is a dumb analogy.

It's totally valid to want to know who is giving you advice, and what their general expertise may be. This board isn't a forum for chefs and their customers, it's for chefs and other chefs. If some random chef is giving you some bullshit advice on how to cook your food, you'd be dumb to not ask for examples of their meals. As far as you know, that chef's "meals" consist of Spaghetti-O's mixed with milk.

Anonymous art boards were a mistake.
>>
>>3077700
But sometimes 5 star chefs come by and give great advice. That's the beauty of anonymous art boards, they would never visit some random forum.
>>
>>3077693

It's more like
> No, it isn't how you salt the meal
> Show me how you salt the meal then

Right now there's a thread where some guys are shitting on Mullins. If he's so bad, it's only legitimate to ask them to show what would be better. We're still waiting of course.
>>
>>3077700
utterly devastated buttblased cantdrawforshitfaggit detected
>>
>>3077711
>>3077700
>>3077694
The analogy is fine, yours are shit. Not OP btw
>>
>>3077700
We all know who the best artist in the room is now.
>>
>>3077715

Post your analogy.
>>
>>3077715
>>3077721
Are we reaching new levels of meta? It doesn't even have to be art and /ic/ gets riled up already.
>>
>>3077700
>Anonymous art boards were a mistake.
yet trips have remained the most obnoxious posters to date
>>
>>3077752
post work
>>
>>3077693
but would you really trust someone to critique your food if you suspect they've only ever eaten mcdonald's
>>
ITT: People pretending they're good a making comparisons between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

I've been in the analogy industry full time for 4 years since graduating from FZD. I promise you /ic/ doesn't know shit about making good analogies. It's just a bunch of delusional beginners thinking they have a way with words.

I'm so done with this board. I'm never coming back.
>>
File: fred.jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
4KB, 168x192px
>>3077761
See you tomorrow, Fred.
>>
>>3077701
>But sometimes 5 star chefs come by and give great advice.

There's virtually no way of knowing this if they're unwilling to prove it.

You can certainly get good advice from shit artists and bad advice from great ones, but you're more likely to get good advice from a good artist than good advice from a bad artist and vice versa.

Also 90% of the time I see 'post your work' it's in answer to a half-assed value judgement, not a critique. It's "your work is shit I could do better if I was drawing with a pencil that I stuck up my ass", or "wow youve got shit taste". Not "Your forearm is too long" or "ribcages don't bend that way".
>>
>>3077693
You don't need to be a chef to know if the meal sucks, but you should be one if you want to give advice on how to improve it
>>
File: 48bf60031ffcf.png (1MB, 580x819px) Image search: [Google]
48bf60031ffcf.png
1MB, 580x819px
>food analogy
god i hate you fatasses
>>
>>3077784
I get PYW every time I say my art is shit
>>
File: 1377754551599.png (5KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1377754551599.png
5KB, 560x407px
Why does it matter who is giving you advice? Doesn't the critique matter more than the person critiquing you? You either listen to it or don't. Why does the critics experience matter? What does that bring to the table?

I do not understand the need to expose someone as a bad artist just because they gave bad critique.
>>
>>3077693
"Post your work" is usually said to people who talk shit

Don't talk shit you can't back up, faggot
>>
>>3078201
How is showing your work "backing up"?
>>
>>3077694
No you don't need to be an aerospace engineer to tell if a rocket that is loose, losing fuel after half a minute and point toward the ground ain't going to reach space.
>>
>>3078217
It shows you have a right to talk shit

or most likely that you don't
>>
I love asking people to post their stuff, and I love posting my stuff when people ask me to. There's a lot of silly, lazy and frustrated people in this board who will willingly lie to newcomers about what's important and what it is not, and the best way to guide new people into the right path, it to show the that the guy giving advice, actually has something to show for.
>>
>>3078263
Post your work.
>>
>>3078273

Ok

>>3066889
>>
>>3078254
>a right

What determines this? Who says that a certain skill level is alloved to critique something and others aren't? Shouldn't everyone be allowed to critique everything and what you say be more relevant than who you are and what you've done?

In short: how exactly does what you have made matter? Specify.
>>
>>3078326

It matters, because it shows what you say does work and you have something to prove it. There's too many crazy people online who just want to boast and act like they know everything, yet they can't even draw a straight line with a ruler.
>>
>>3078219
Honestly when that first rocked landed vertically it still looked like a reversed gif to me
>>
>>3078338
Like if I knew everything about perspective but didn't draw any perspective stuff, that would make everything I say about perspective invalid?

Again, this doesn't answer the question. You showing off doesn't prove anything, if the critic is bad that should come apparent in the critique they have given. So if he gives poor critique we can determine he knows little. Going beyond this and asking to see someones work is just a tool to get personal and go "ha! got you! you're bad!".

I see no point.
>>
>>3078448
and no matter where your skill level is, someone will find something wrong with your proof to render your criticism invalid in their minds.
>>
>>3078448

Realistically speaking, no one knows everything about perspective without practice. Even less fucking /ic/ lurkers.
Why the need to speak if you can't do, anyway? Just keep quiet and work on your time, most of the advice given in /ic/ is pure crap, only rarely does someone who actually went through shit and shares something useful.
>>
text based posting should be banned

you need to say something, draw it
>>
>>3077693
>You don't need to be a chef to know if the meal sucks.
Yes you do.

"I don't like it" isn't even close to "this is bad". You should know the difference by now.
>>
>>3077693
You need to be a chef to know why the meal sucks and how to fix it.
>>
The way I see it you don't have to be good to critique but you have to be good for anyone to listen to your advice.
>>
File: 8b58d5443ff7cafc84307119b9e772c9.jpg (178KB, 1184x789px) Image search: [Google]
8b58d5443ff7cafc84307119b9e772c9.jpg
178KB, 1184x789px
>>3078736
>>3078734

This

There are some things I will ask my non-artist boyfriend or friends to help me with ("does this eye look wonky? Can you look at it for a sec?") but I know they cant actually help me fix it most of the time. Thats where I'd like a better artist to help me. Post your fucking work faggots.
>>
>>3078173
bulking motivation
>>
>>3078173
>she eats two loaves on top of eight sandwiches
How can one person like bread so much?
>>
>>3077700
>It's totally valid to want to know who is giving you advice, and what their general expertise may be.
bs 90% of the "post your work" parrots are people getting pissed at their favourite artists getting criticised.
Furthermore, even if it was a critique for you, if you are just gonna dismiss the critique unless the guy shows you he is better than you, what¡s the point of coming here? Don't lie to yourself, "post your work" is an excuse to ignore critiques you can't handle
Also, this
>>3078199
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.