[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got the new Ipad Pro tell me what I need in terms of gear. Like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1471382526022.png (2MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471382526022.png
2MB, 900x1200px
Got the new Ipad Pro tell me what I need in terms of gear. Like what screen protector or case you guys use. What apps are good for art. I have the 12.9 sized one. I really wanna get back into drawing but haven't had the time to research enough. Thanks for any and all help.
>>
Is that image a parody?
>>
File: 1400767568976.png (7KB, 389x255px) Image search: [Google]
1400767568976.png
7KB, 389x255px
>>3077083
>ipad
>art
>>
>>3077096
What are you drawing on? Bambo? Lick my nuts
>>
>>3077083
you got the apple pencil, right? If not, get it.
Research online about screen protectors, make sure to get one that doesn't wear out the nib too much
Procreate is currently the best app for drawing, autodesk sketchbook is also good but it has a subscription, procreate is a one-time payment

>>3077096
you do realize the ipad pro is the best portable drawing tablet out there
>>
>>3077096
summerfag I assume.
>>
File: 1486086996614.gif (491KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1486086996614.gif
491KB, 260x146px
>>3077105
>>3077107

>you do realize the ipad pro is the best portable drawing tablet out there

kek

>no file manager
>no usb ports
>Cannot convert between file formats
>have to buy the fucking apple pencil separately
>Have to buy the special version of everything (PS, Sketchbook pro...)
>Apps are inferior in everything to programs.
>(((apple))) will surely make it obsolete the next year.

You could get a Surface pro or a Macbook at least, hahaha. At least jailbreak it. Hahahaha!
>>
File: IMG_0622.jpg (869KB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.jpg
869KB, 2732x2048px
>>3077096
>>
Anyone got recomendations on screen protectors?
>>
File: IMG_0614.jpg (236KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0614.jpg
236KB, 1200x900px
>>3077083
Get the UAG case stand combo. Also Get a matte screen protector

The iPad pro is freaking awesome for drawing. The initial activation force is the best I've experienced because of this you can get extremely subtle with lines and values. In pic related only the right one was done with an ipad pro using procreate
>>
>>3077102
why you assume a bamboo? im not gay. i got both surface pro and cintiq

>>3077105
according to who? steve jobs?

>>3077153
WOW ! 1 guy that did nothing but paint on his ipad for 3 years did 1 great piece on his ipad.That must be that it is most definitely the best solution and most efficient way to draw for every consumer. And besides that it looks pretty flat to me. Wheres the atmosphere
>>
>>3077175
can you adjust the slant of the screen with thw uag?
>>
File: IMG_2122.png (4MB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.png
4MB, 2732x2048px
>>3077083

Literally ANY cheap screen protector with a "matte" or "anti-glare" surface will do. They are not very easy to apply, here is a tip, Make sure you thoroughly clean the screen beforehand. You need to turn on a hot shower and open the door to your your bathroom. The steam will humidify the air and prevent dust from amassing on the screen as you apply the protector. but keep the ipad outside the bathroom. The bottom side of the protector is SUPER sticky, be very careful to apply one end exactly right. You can't adjust it as you apply it.

Make sure to get icloud copies of your favorite art books, vk.com and similar sites have plenty of great pdf's.

Procreate is a fast and light app but depending on your skill level and what you're used to on PC, you might want to look into Paintstorm pro.

Procreate's great for quick sketching but its brush engine is not really top notch if you're interested in painterly results, and the interface has no customization. Soft brushes create a lot of banding artifacts. Worst of all, in my opinio, is that the color wheel window is not sticky, so you have to click one extra time to open it whenever you want to change hue. This gets pretty frustrating over time. The developers are open to suggestions and communicate on the forums, but it takes a lot of votes to get a suggestion through. Sadly people are more interested in extraneous bells and whistles for comics, lettering and whatnot, and they've got a strict principle on keeping the UI "clean"

Paintstorm has the best brush engine I've ever seen, literally every little aspect is customizable. It is of course a bit of work to develop your favorite brushes, but when you get the hang of it it's amazing.

You can import textures and they behave just like in PS, procreate's texture engine is absolute balls in comparison. I've reverse engineered popular artist's brushes and textures like Greg Rutkowski's and imported both parts into Paintstorm to get stunning results.
>>
>>3077171
I need blog.
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (138KB, 559x1566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
138KB, 559x1566px
>>3077305
Every window panel and function of the interface is customizable and scaleable, right down to the "thumb buttons" on the left, every single function in the program can be made into a hotkey. All windows scale intuitively upon tapping so that you can have a lot of options open at the same time but don't get swamped on the screen as you work. There's image/canvas resizing, rulers and guide tools, all of which you won't get in Procreate. The program is regularly updated by the team and they take suggestions seriously. When I started using i, it was lauded for its brush engine but got a bit of a bad reputation for crashing frequently, but over the year I've used it the program has become much more stable and doesn't crash at all. You can even customize the frequency of autosaves, which are done in sets of three to prevent ruining your work if a file gets corrupted.

I don't want to come off as a shill but it's seriously an amazing and professional app that gets overlooked in favor of procreate, the latter which just feels frustrating to use in any serious capacity. Över the many years I've worked in various programs I haven't had as much fun anywhere else.
>>
>>3077312
how do you undo and how do you draw straight lines?
>>
File: IMG_2131.jpg (65KB, 1521x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2131.jpg
65KB, 1521x578px
>>3077342
Undo hotkey or two fingers-tap (three fingers for redo)

There's a ruler for straight lines, also a hotkey for polygonal straight lines like holding shift in photoshop. Additionally there's an ellipse guide and one, two and three-point perspective guide.
>>
I'm using the smaller 9.7. I'm using medibang since it feels close to painttool SAI. The pen stylus for it feels off compared to the wacom pen on my cintiq.
>>
>>3077083
kek. if you're any serious about art sell it and buy a real tool for artists.

otherwise, an ipad is a fine gizmo: my grandma loves hers. just don't pretend you're serious about art.
>>
Thanks for the thread, OP. I literally just picked up my iPad Pro yesterday. I've been mucking around in Procreate and while drawing is fine, painting seems really finicky. Great suggestions in the thread so far.

Also, has anyone tried Astropad yet?
>>
>>3077232
Yes there are like 5 levels of adjustments. It's very solid, looks cool in red and it also holds your Apple pencil. I dont think I could find a better case.

>>3077309
firez-tbr.tumblr.com

Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_0625.jpg (123KB, 801x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0625.jpg
123KB, 801x628px
>>3077817
Astropad sucks. The best version is a subscription based app and is simply too cumbersome and laggy at least on the borrowed late 2013 rétina macbook pro which I used to test it. As I said before imho the iPad pro + procreate is an amazing solution for line drawing and tone laying but I still need to find a good way to use in order to do colored works like proper illustrations. Photoshop + wacom technology is still unmatched for me in this regard

First thing you want to do with procreate is to edit the pressure curve. Pic related is mine. Fwiw I used the mechanical pencil brush for the drawing
>>
>>3077836
Where did you bought the case?
>>
>>3077171
shut up firez
>>
>>3077912
Amazon, unfortunately it seems only the black one is decently priced at this moment :/

https://www.amazon.com/12-9-inch-Feather-Light-Composite-Aluminum-Military/dp/B017BKAUP6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501306802&sr=8-2&keywords=Uag%2Bipad%2Bpro&th=1
>>
>>3077961
Thank
>>
Wow there are other artists here using paintstorm studio I thought I was beginning to think I was the only sane gpu accelerated artist in the world except for borodante.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.