[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should one set up a work station for art? Keep yourself organised

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0879.jpg (180KB, 526x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.jpg
180KB, 526x329px
How should one set up a work station for art? Keep yourself organised and allowing room for books and monitors or tablets. Maiming talking about traditional but digital fags post your shit too.
>>
>>3076963
copy the setup in the pic
>>
>>3077121
I'm not a digital fag tho.
>>
>>3076963

Similar layout, except tablet is facing wall and my traditional art-desk is where that tablet sits.

Muh Gaming PC is under other frame.

Book case with refs and other on wall out of view.

>>3077258

>Not doing digital and traditional

That's why you will always draw ginger bread doodles.
>>
>>3076963
jesus christ, who tf has money for that setup?
>>
>>3076963
>>3077258
>not digital

I'd advise to get a good daylight lamp with good coverance of all colours. Especially when there's not much atmospheric light coming into your workchamber. Nights and winter times and even the difference between morning and afternoon light tends to give a huge impact on how your colours tend to be percepted.

A good daylight lamp can cost about $100 but if you're serious about your work; get one!
>>
File: different-light-sources.jpg (154KB, 1509x214px) Image search: [Google]
different-light-sources.jpg
154KB, 1509x214px
>>3077315
picture to illustrate the differences
>>
>>3077296

Professionals and adults. And, it's not that expensive - IKEA shelving (two units stacked, a 4x4 under a 2x4), Ikea chairs, IKEA lighting, the desks are something like this:https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Offex-Ponderosa-Glass-Topped-Desk-Sonoma-Brown/7347845/product.html, a drafting table, probably $150-200, a copier printer, a camera mount arm probably $100, and a cintiq attached to a Mac Mini. Oh, and a drawer unit from IKEA, those are under $100.

The books on the shelves probably cost more than all of the furniture. Any adult with a decent job can afford all of that. I spent 2k on a mattress set, this is nothing. I used dining room tables for my work tables, $200 each.
>>
>>3077341
oh damn, that actually sounds affordable. it looks really nice and thus really expensive.
>>
>>3077315
You're overcomplicating it. You can get 5k LED bulbs, that's what you need. I have two $20 swingarm lamps from Office Depot, with $6 5k bulbs from Home Depot in them. (You should have two lights for coverage and no shadows for drawing).
A $100 "daylight" lamp is $25 worth of materials, with a $75 tacked on for profit.
BTW, "daylight" means a bulb emitting light up around the 5k range. Lighting for color correction environments is 5500K, it's a neutral, daylight level of light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
>>
>>3077349
Your right. I have 2 6500K bulbs and they were like 10 euros each. When working on an easel you'll need a good system to cast the lighting on your painting.

I clamped an adjustable desktop light on the top paw. But there exist more fashionable solutions which are a little bit more expensive
>>
>>3077345
IKEA is the best thing to ever happen for poor artists. They have great stuff.
>>
File: BattleStation.jpg (172KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
BattleStation.jpg
172KB, 1000x562px
>>3077361
>I have 2 6500K
I think the 5k bulbs are the ticket for seeing your colors accurately. Google "Draw Mix Paint" and go through his starting thing. It is pretty detailed and spot on about shit I never even noticed I was doing wrong.

I currently have a shitty yellow incandescent bulb in because I have not been to the hardware store for a while. When I go I will replace that and build a better pallet table. Oh I also want another monitor on an ergotron arm to sit over my work table.
>>
Wood > glass tabletops. Looks like a mangaka's workstation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.