[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anon says his been drawing for 2 years. >post his work.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1496534474597.jpg (47KB, 686x731px) Image search: [Google]
1496534474597.jpg
47KB, 686x731px
>anon says his been drawing for 2 years.
>post his work.
>it's shit.
What the hell is wrong with these people ?
>>
File: 1483266388637.jpg (375KB, 1920x1751px) Image search: [Google]
1483266388637.jpg
375KB, 1920x1751px
Well... you (theoretically) have been immersed in language for at least 18 years and is still at kindergarten levels of self-expression and orthography.

What gives?
>>
>>3076669
Some people consider drawing an eyeball in a sketchbook once a month as "drawing"

>>3076692
>you have been...
>and is

D'oh
>>
>>3076669
I dont know, its amazing to witness
I figure if you didnt have some knack for it from a young age then its not your thing
That not to say you needed to be working on it all the time, but as kids dont we all draw and do art at some time? I think those hours count alot and when you ever come of age and realise that yes this is a thing that you can do, then it doesnt really matter how much youve studied.
Its in your genetics, its what you are.
Now we come to another topic, the discrepancy between a true artists soul, who has something to give, maybe without even having superb technical skills, and those that think art is all about technical skill....
which one is better?
the one who can draw perfect figures but without any real meaning? or the ones who have the deep meaning to give (spiritual, uplifting), but havent got to a high level of skill?
I personally prefer the latter.
It all good to create amazing pictures but what is the value of it without that deeper understanding and communication?
>>
I don't understand why /ic/ still claims talent is not a thing.
>>
>>3076669
"drawing for 2 years" doesn't necessarily mean they've been drawing for every day, nor does it mean they've been genuinely practicing at the things they should be practicing at.
>>
>>3076706
>>3076710
>>
>>3076669
Post your work bitch
>>
File: 1497829646097.png (429KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497829646097.png
429KB, 1200x1600px
>>3076698
RESPECT MUH EBONICS!

Okay, I fucked up.
Please accept this drawing as a token of my shame.
>>
>>3076669
>lol why are anons need motivation and scared to draw. Just draw, it's ok to suck, do it your way
>OMG u still suck at drawing?! Hey everybody, look at this shitshow! Just give up already, drawing not for you
>>
>>3076736
>/ic/ is one person
>>
>>3076730
You are forgiven
>>
>>3076759
>One person on IC is the only one talking shit about someones art. That person goes out of his way to insult everyone on every post. It's many people on the board. It's just one.
>>
>>3076833
On a serious note, /ic/ is the same 200 people over and over again. Same people argue every week, but probably don't even notice.
>>
>>3076720
Bullshit. I've drawn every day for years and I'm still shit. I've been doing it passionately and with the will to improve and my faces still look like they've been hit with a hammer. I'll never have a career in this field because I just can't get to the professional level and my drawings are unrealiable, they fall apart, I still can't confidently do construction and just KNOW that it's correct. And I tried hard every day.

So fuck all the gurus who've been sitting at the top 0.1% for 20 years and claim that you just have to practice (and buy their tutorials of course). To this day I just feel like I've been played like a fiddle by these conmen.
>>
File: 1500280322631.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1500280322631.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>3076911

Did you ever bother learning perspective at all?
>>
>>3076913
Perspective is one of the things I'm confident with, in the sense that what I draw comes out more or less the way it should. With everything else I have to labor so fucking hard and and my end results always look wonky. And I hate the style I draw in so much.

I studied really hard the stuff that wasn't coming out well and it's like my brain doesn't want to cooperate. I do everything carefully and even if the volumes are accurate etc. it still looks like shit. I hate my art so much that I haven't been drawing for a couple weeks now.
>>
>>3076669
Drawing is hard, and not everybody is exposed to good resources or practices regularly. I've been drawing and painting for nearly a decade and I'm still not that good.
>>
>>3076917
I always see artists look at their reference and go rough sketch -> pencils -> color, they're following a process and it just works. Instead I have to do things and repeat them again and again and again, and what I settle for still makes me want to tear my eyes out.
>>
File: osjt9lGO2B1rpryux.png (88KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
osjt9lGO2B1rpryux.png
88KB, 500x360px
>>3076917
>>3076923
Chill homie, you're probably going through one of those "stuck" phases. Where you're actually at a point where you're making less flaws than you used to, and might be overthinking things to the point where everything looks like a flaw automatically. I'd actually recommend you keep your drawing break up for a while and just keep observing. Try and watch other artists as if you've never attempted to seriously draw in your life. You're just doing it for kicks. Find styles that you like and study them. Use this time to just collect a library of information that you may want to try and then later, calmly give it a go. And listen to podcasts where artists talk about their journey. You'll find that most of them surprisingly enjoyed it, and that's a biggie if you're going to keep this art shit up.

And try to take an class and get critique from credible instructor who can help you out with those flaws you keep seeing everywhere. Maybe they're not as bad as you think.
>>
>>3076669
eh, maybe they have been studying different things, but haven't been applying it too much?
I mean, think about it, if i spend two years learning how to draw pretty girl's faces on 3/4 view, and then someone asks me to post my work, and as such, i show them a portrait of a girl on a 3/4 view, it'll probably look like i'm pretty good. But i've just been doing the same over and over.
What would have happened if i had been using those two years, in general, to study construction, values, edges, perspective, anatomy, gesture, whatever, you name it, several stuff, and decided to post for critiques, and start simple, a girl's face on a 3/4 view.
Idk, i'm pretty sure the first guy would deliver a better draw, but i'd rather be in the second guy's position...
>>
You need the hours, not the years. Plus it matters if it is done regularly or with long breaks, and then there's still the quality of the time spent (focused, goal-oriented, enjoyment, ...).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.