[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't more artists shill on /ic/? the anonymous nature

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (10KB, 168x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 168x300px
why don't more artists shill on /ic/?

the anonymous nature of the community makes it very easy to stealth market your own work. you could easily spam your own thread with borderline gibberish to maintain maximum exposure on the front page.
>>
Because it's career suicide being associated with this shithole
>>
>>3076177
we like to pretend we have integrity

that said, if we did have pr people, you know they'd be doing it relentlessly. the issue is that we are our own pr people.
>>
>>3076177
Are you fucking retarded, who the fuck would want to shill on a troll board?
>>
>>3076179
>being associated
You won't be, that's the point of stealth marketing. It'll just appear as if a fan or passerby is interested in your work, no one could prove otherwise.
>>
Shilling here just makes people resent you, and it's 90% a waste of time.
>>
>>3076184
people are smarter than that, artists always get called out on it when it happens
>>
>>3076177
Very few users on /ic/ are actaully good. Why else do you think ones that suck shit on anons that actually draw well?

Also Loomis is a meme. You idiots shill it but half of the art posted here looks hot garbage with no evidence of perspective nor anatomy
>>
>>3076179
>>3076183
>t. shills trying to mask their own shilling
retards still try to pretend as if this entire board isn't infested with viral marketers, it's just lately more non corporate entities have realized the value and means.
>>
>>appears like a passerby or random fan

No it doesn't . It's never a random fan. I cringe every time I see those Patreon artist threads especially. As if it isn't obvious they're either attention whoring for themselves or their friend is on their behalf
>>
>>3076887
Right, Sakimichan is really desperate for those extra 100 views she might get from /ic/.... moron.

>>3076190
Viral marketing is a thing on boards like /v/ or /tv/ or even /co/, boards that get tens of thousands of unique views each day. /ic/ is one of the smallest boards on this whole site and one of the smallest and most aggressive art communities on the internet. Literally the worst possible place to advertize your art. I can assure you 99% of the time someone starts a thread with "what do you think of artist xy", it is NOT that artist making the thread. Just ask yourself if YOU would actually like it if this happened to you and someone made a thread on /ic/ with your work asking people what they think of your art. You'd dread it. Everyone else does too.
>>
>implying that Scroto Baggins doesnt shill his garbage here 24/7
>>
>>3077097

I'm the moron?
Oh look . I said "Patreon artists" and you automatically equate it with Sakimichan. Works as I planned.
>>
>>3077288
>automatically attributing patreon artist with the highest earning and most popular patreon artist.
It must be shill! No other logical explanation.
>>
File: Avatar.png (55KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
55KB, 299x299px
>>3076177
i don't think this is a wise place to gain a following. I'm not talking about /ic/, but 4chan in general. people come here because they care about expression. Nothing stifles expression like marketing. NOTHING. People who come here are extremely wise to marketing and don't fucking like it, and try to destroy it at every chance they get.
Maybe instead of thinking of ways to become well known, you should be thinking about ways to improve your artwork.
Besides, there are plenty of self-promo threads.
>>
>>3077313
Looks like you still haven't figured out how the marketing actually works that you pretend to know so much about even though you pretty much just explained the entire thing
>>
>>3076177
because the 100 people on /ic/ aren't going to get you much money
>>
>>3077384
Unless you're actually good and have some sort of mentorship programs. A lot of professionals hang out here so there are a lot of artists who come looking for help.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.