[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some friends who are art nerds. Whenever I go to a museum

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2661.jpg (256KB, 800x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2661.jpg
256KB, 800x919px
I need some friends who are art nerds. Whenever I go to a museum with friends they never get as psyched with me.

I want someone to talk about Picasso and Warhol and Velasquez and Vermeer and Cezanne with

Anyone else have this feel?
>>
>>3074849
yes, i do sometimes. although when you actually hang out with people like that, which i did in university, they're usually dumb posers or people who make you feel like a dumb poser, so you're kind of fucked either way.
>>
>>3074858
you just got to stop being a judgmental asshole and simultaneously youll stop being such a self hating beta.

and then both of you will relax and have some honest fun.
>>
I'm like you op, i never want to leave museums. but i have people next to me complaining of tired legs and shit, nigga why did you even bother to come. fuck off and wait in the cafe. is what i wish i could say.
>>
>>3074860
it's a fair assessment, it's not very interesting listening to a dumb person going on about how they think picasso isn't that good, and likewise it's not very interesting listening to someone muse of the ramifications of the second council of lyon on medieval art in italy for 2 hours when you're drunk and there's girls around.
>>
>>3074870
on the ramifications of the..for medieval art*
have to up my conjunction game lol
>>
>>3074870
>>3074874
yeah ok, i retract my first post. i forget those kinds of people exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 920x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 920x548px
>>3074849
I think I'd rather go with a fellow artist... I saw Picasso's work at the AGO in 2012 with family and friends, they were mostly working as videographers at the time. To see it with a sculptor or a painter would be very different.

I would genuinely dislike seeing Warhol at a museum, but the rest are fantastic.
>>
I think I like anecdotes, technique and intent rather than historical background. Some geography, working methods, etc.
>>
File: e3bf382d95c33adfafe1b3ce609e2e0c.jpg (413KB, 1618x1248px) Image search: [Google]
e3bf382d95c33adfafe1b3ce609e2e0c.jpg
413KB, 1618x1248px
>>3074849
sure, but where and what do you do with it? art has the fantastic fortune of not only having hordes of the ignorant but also providing a refuge to a spectrum of horrible lying people.

hyper capitalism has not only allowed people to repurpose art into a form of marketing design but somehow disabled people's ability to learn and recognize past traditions. so when you try to open a discussion about art philosophy socially or in your artwork it's met with contempt or silence because people either don't understand or get upset you're making them feel stupid.
>>
File: 1498849409457.png (85KB, 193x228px) Image search: [Google]
1498849409457.png
85KB, 193x228px
>>3074849
>I need some friends who are art nerds. Whenever I go to a museum with friends they never get as psyched with me.
Sure anon I'll be your frien-

>I want someone to talk about Picasso and Warhol
Kys faggot
>>
File: IMG_2741.png (198KB, 285x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2741.png
198KB, 285x420px
>>3075226
>>3076299
Y'all are sleeping on Warhol.
Maybe you have to see it in person, but his work is astounding.
I just saw pic related today in MOMA and I was transfixed.
That gold surrounding her is so powerful because it gives off luminosity and cheapness at the same time.
That, I think, is the idea of this portrait. Monroe is thought to be so glamorous and bourgeois, but in reality all we know of her is a cheap, hasty print.

As for Picasso, you can't deny his greatness. His work is incredibly deep and rich. His greatness is undeniable.
>>
>>3077679
>tinted photograph
>picasso
>greatness
die in a fire; from the flames, not the smoke
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.