[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to >constantly look at the bigger picture and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Is it better to
>constantly look at the bigger picture and think about everything when you make a single painting
or
>dedicate a painting to a certain thing like getting better with colors with this particular piece, or composition etc. ?

What is more efficient?
>>
>>3070600
>you will never have an art friend who inspires you and dares you to be better making you both ascend into art godhood. .
>>
as you are learning you should usually be doing the second one.
>>
both my nug
>>
>>3070600
bruh. the second one is what is called making "a study". the first one is when making a good finished piece.
>>
>>3070635
Yeah but what makes you learn faster, that's what I meant
>>
>>3070639
Both. Do regular pieces that appeal to you, identify where you are weak, and follow up with work that focuses on those areas.
>>
>>3070600
is that dan warren and dave repoza?

lmao...i luv those 2 when they talk about random shit
>>
I miss Dave and Darren's streams :_(
>>
dan*
>>
>>3070600
Focus on the painting. The bigger picture is for later. Once you reach a certain level of skill, you can start exploring themes across multiple paintings. Focus on getting better.
"efficient" is a word that should never be used with art. Art is a journey. It's something you dedicate to, and you're on your own schedule, not one someone else makes up.
>>
>>3071085
Yeah, I miss Dan. A lot of good people die nowadays
>>
>>3071251
i see no RIPs, but I saw they're on twitch doin' podcasts. fuck yes.
>>
>>3071242
>"efficient" is a word that should never be used with art.
Except it should, if you do art for money. Being efficient is the most important thing actually.
>>
>>3070600
Personally I like big pieces that makes you want to grow in all kinds of ways. It's fine to work on smaller pieces inbetween. But it's cool to have that big vision to work towards that gives you direction and stays with you for years.
>>
>>3071264
And the OP isn't, he's talking about learning.
>>
>>3070630
>both
>>
>you'll never have an art bromance with a qt like Dave
It's not fair lads
>>
Mostly option B with occasional large projects in option A.

Focused study on your weak points for practice, broad application projects as benchmarks. Doing the big picture helps you hone in on the little things, if you spend all your time on focused studies you'll lack a broader perspective on your art.
>>
>>3071551

You can still learn efficiently. With you saying "art is a journey" the question to ask is 'What path makes sure I don't end up in a bog? Are there good shoes I should wear to make sure I don't hurt myself? What should I pack?' The idea of effective preparation applies even to a 'journey' as you say. Winging it just means you'll be reinventing the wheel half the time and hamstringing your approach to your goal.

You can learn those lessons as you go, but why not ensure you're well prepared before you have to learn it the hard way?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.