[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true for drawing, where a single year of decisive learning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 09345.png (636KB, 999x922px) Image search: [Google]
09345.png
636KB, 999x922px
Is it true for drawing, where a single year of decisive learning is enough to overcome the work of a couple of years from your peers?
>>
File: improvement_by_hotaruarc-d4ykrfh.jpg (211KB, 639x1251px) Image search: [Google]
improvement_by_hotaruarc-d4ykrfh.jpg
211KB, 639x1251px
>>3070562
unfortunately yes
>>
>>3070562
i do believe so, although some people will disagree and i respect that.
>>
>>3070573
checked his devianart, his work is a lot better.
I think you could make all the improvements in the pic within just 6 months of diligent work. 4 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
>>
>>3070892
Sure you can. I love how beginners pull these random numbers out of your ass
>>
I know what discord you're in OP, you cropped out some good bits from that page btw
>>
File: LoomisEverydayFor16hours.png (226KB, 677x381px) Image search: [Google]
LoomisEverydayFor16hours.png
226KB, 677x381px
>>3070562
> Can 20 good men beat Stannis' Army?

When a real man is determined, he can accomplish anything in a single day.
>>
>>3070573
Oh. This guy. I remember /ic/ mocking him because of that one sketchbook video. Look where he is now. http://spencerwan.tumblr.com/

Meanwhile, /ic/ rots in their basements.
>>
>>3072532
>Meanwhile, /ic/ rots in their basements.

How's that working out for you, run out of those tendies yet?
>>
>>3070562
Sure, if your peers are fucking around or just drawing within their comfort zone. A group of 10 individuals studying the same good material and performing the same practices with the same diligence and enthusiasm will find themselves at similar levels of skill after a year. There is no magical excuse for /ic/anon to justify not putting in his hours, no matter how many memes /ic/ cooks up to the contrary. If you grabbed a few of the countless good resources posted here, sat down and grew the sprout of a work ethic applying yourself for a few hours, you'd progress just as much as anyone else doing it right, and if you kept it up, you'd make it, whatever making it is to you. Your procrastination and laziness is entirely on you.
>>
>>3072540
>>>3069516
Looks like someone got triggered.

Also. What the fuck are tendies.
>>
>>3070562
>I read it in a manga. Must be true.

I wouldn't really compare winning dancing trophies with developing artistic skills. I mean we could compare it to getting likes on tumblr perhaps.
>>
>>3072617
Dancing also requires skills and practice you uncultured swine.
>>
>>3072658
We're talking about winning trophies and showing up for shitty contests you shit for brains.

Besides if you think dancing requires skill and practice then you must not go out much. I mean dancing and drinking are the most common things people do when they go out at night.
>>
>>3070562
>a single year of decisive learning is enough to overcome the work of a couple of years from your peers?
unless your peers spent a couple of years on decisive learning and you only spent a year. next question.
>>
>>3072674
whoops i've still got my Name thing on. sorry about that
>>
In most places this is known as 'talent'
>>
>>3070983
Kek
>be drawfag
>look at other artist improvement over 6 years
>realize it took me 12 years to make same improvement
>/ic/ fag claims you can make same improvement in 6mo with diligent work ethic.
>Realize I'm loser and only spend 10 min a day drawing
>Proceed to talk shit.
>>
>>3072700
Yeas sure. I love how beginners shitpost so much but you get nowhere.
>>
>>3070562
To an extent, diminishing returns is a thing for example. So someone studying seriously will get to 90% of the level of an amazing artist just because that first 90% is far easier to achieve than that last 10%
And for the most part people don't study seriously so you can cram their entire life's worth of studying into a year if you're going at it hard.

And holy fucking shit I had to solve 40 fucking captchas. How the fuck do you get legacy
>>
>>3072668
>He doesn't know that the manga is about dancesport
>he doesn't know dancesport
Every word you utter just proves that you truly are uncultured. Go back to your barn.
>>
>>3070573
Are you the same faggot who posts this every single time?
>>
>>3072746
>muh dancesport
Just proving yourself to be a sucker unless you want to convince people you were talking about Olympic level contests.
>>
>>3072728
I changed to legacy the moment it started asking to solve more than two per post. Fuck google

Settings > replying
>>
>>3072993
Yeah. Nah. You're still a swine.
>>
>>3070562
>single year of decisive learning
I mean, maybe.
The question is are you capable of the level of focus?
>>
File: 1486194473159.png (934KB, 1024x627px) Image search: [Google]
1486194473159.png
934KB, 1024x627px
>>3070573
Jesus fuck that guy has improved
>>
>>3072999
Thanks anon.

I didn't mind the picture shit when it actually went through the first 1 or 2 times. Its getting fucking ridiculous now though, spend 5 minutes clicking pictures for a 10 second post.
>>
>>3070562
Radical change is always a possibility but it's very unlikely to actually pull off. Slow and consistent improvement is just the safe bet. I think everyone on /ic/ dreams of radical improvement trough radical practice sessions but it rarely works out and in the end we more often pay the price of burnouts and shit like that which makes us take longer than if we would have played it safe to begin with.
>>
>>3072578
chicken tenders. meme implying he's a manchild basement dweller.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.