[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for a long time i used 5x8 sketchbooks but now im sort of realizing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: diddle.2.jpg (1MB, 3300x2463px) Image search: [Google]
diddle.2.jpg
1MB, 3300x2463px
for a long time i used 5x8 sketchbooks but now im sort of realizing that they're cramped as fuck. even when on the go, i dont find them to be of any real help.

its funny because i already went through almost 20 of them before even realizing, i guess as a physical object, the 5x8 sketchbook is the most beautiful. but for functional purposes? ill have to say its not the best.

wait why did i make this thread
>>
>>3068908
oh yeah. supplies discussion?
>>
File: 209221_1[5].jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
209221_1[5].jpg
16KB, 350x350px
>>3068908
I don't really like sketchbooks smaller than 8.5x11 for home sketching. I have a 5x8 to keep in my backpack for sketching on the go but it's kind of rare that it actually gets used.

I have several of pic related, I can fill them with shitty studies without feeling like I'm wasting space.
>>
it can be creatively inspiring to try new things like a bigger canvas or alt medium. try to imagine a scenario where you have been asked to produce a work on for an entire wall. how fucked would you be when all your experience is done pecking at a book you can fit in a purse?
>>
>>3068908
Dude I've been craving some dotted paper like that. Where did you get it/what brand? And do they come in the 8.5x11 size?
>>
>>3069050
What do you want the dots for...?
>>
exactly for what youd use a grid for
>>
>>3069050
hey man i hope youre sitll here. the brand is called rhodia. great pads.
>>
File: the black lodge 001.png (3MB, 2338x1700px) Image search: [Google]
the black lodge 001.png
3MB, 2338x1700px
>>3068908
nice twin peaks man, i did one myself (ignore the floor, lost my ruler and i was just so ready to move on towards the end of this one)

i agree the 5x8 is cramped but at the same time its good for drawing smaller figures. i tend to draw "big" by default so being confined to smaller spaces can be useful imo.
>>
>>3068983
>try to imagine a scenario where you have been asked to produce a work
I really can't desu senpai.
>>
>>3068908
>5x8 sketchbooks
I love these small sketch books get them at walmart all the time. Really useful. when you do gesture drawing in Store, mall, outside, events, etc. Not really meant for at home use. More so on the go if you don't want to carry a heavy weight sketch book. These are also easy to cover. So that people the see you doodling. Won't actually see you doodling. They will either wonder. " Is he reading?" or "is he writing a poem?" Get this all the time. But I really love these books. have like maybe 15 not including the rest of my big books.
>>
>>3068983
which is why I bought a 1.5 per 1 m white table, and then realize all my drawings are done on the go because work and too tired to do anything when i get home. Maybe I'll get some use out of it in the holidays
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.