[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a sketchbook >earlier drawings are terrible and they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1497752850397.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497752850397.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>have a sketchbook
>earlier drawings are terrible and they take a whole page
>lose my motivation to draw
How do I fix this ?
>>
>>3068228
have 2 sketchbooks.
one for precious drawings you show other people,
one to use for learning
>>
>>3068228
If you don't like those sketches you can either man up and draw anyway or rip out those earlier sketches

I reccomend that you man up, you have to come to terms with the fact that nothing you'll draw will ever be perfect in your eyes.
>>
>>3068228
Tear them out then ya goober. I'd suggest keeping them though so you can compare them later
>>
>>3068228
Sketchbook is not for complete drawings. It's to practice. If you expect every sketch to become a masterpiece you're setting yourself up for failure.
>>
>>3068228
>>
>>3068228
>How do I fix this ?
you grow up
>>
If your earlier drawings wont motivate you to improve, then don't look at them.
>>
>>3068236
>one for precious drawings you show other people
>>3068238
>rip out those earlier sketches
>>3068239
>Tear them out then ya goober.

shit advice from literal teenagers. Go right over it, it's simply a record of where you've been. Newbs concerned with the fruit and not the labor.

I suggest filling your books randomly or from center out. Going front to back imo creates a strange constraint, suddenly you're looking for some kind of linear consistent progression or consistency throughout. There is a beginning and end. "bad pages" bother you.
>>
>>3068228
Stop being a bitch? Change your mindset? Grow up?

All I'm saying is that you recognise the problem, so take serious and mindful steps to change and you'll succeed. You need to have some self confidence and recognise that being a shitter is PART OF LEARNING you DUMBFUCK.

You don't need other people to tell you what you already know. You're like a beginner asking people if he's doing line exercises right. Be a big boy. You can fucking do this anon. Work conquers all.

Go.
>>
>>3068228
draw, draw, draw
*turn page*
draw, draw, draw
*turn page*
don't look back
godspeed you!
>>
>>3068228
Use dollar store notebooks. Much less intimidating.
>>
>>3068228
how would you draw this? normally i start with a circle and center line, but the "mask" looks too wide for that to work at this angle.
>>
I don't seem to have this problem at all.
I bought a sketchbook so I have a stack of good paper with me that I can use to practice with when I'm not at home, so that's what I use it for.
I occassionally flip through it, look at drawings I made before and try to figure out what doesn't look right about them or can be improved.
Observing your drawings after a few days seems a bit easier than when you look at the right after you've finished them.
I too have my off days and I'm not happy with the majority of drawings but that's the way it is, that's why I'm practicing, so that I'm at one point skilled enough that I don't have to hope for a drawing to turn out well. But before that time I will have to accept that some drawings will be shit and that is fine.

If people want to see, well I always warn them that it isn't meant for showing off, because it isn't so they can have a look and I usually end up explaining what I'm aiming for and how I'm working towards that goal.
The sketchbook is merely a tool to get my drawing mileage when I'm not in the comfort of my own home.
>>
>>3068228
You just have to stop being a bitch, desu. Turn the page, get a different sketchbook, literally just don't look at the old drawings if they're that bad for your motivation. It sounds to me like you're making excuses, you just need to draw more.
>>
>>3068598
The mask shit only works for so many things. You need to get better at understanding 3d objects, foreshortening etc., the concepts don't disappear because you're drawing your qt 2d girls. If I was drawing it I'd be able to picture how the loli's head would more or less function at that angle, and just draw it like I pictured it.

If you're going to use construction shit to make something like that, you have to get out of thinking "circle and line." That thing you're drawing isn't a circle, it's a globe, a sphere, build off of it in 3d instead of thinking it's a flat object.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.