[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sticky filled with old books and dusty references >all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1339117295846.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1339117295846.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>sticky filled with old books and dusty references
>all the info is available in video format and updated through a modern lens
>easily found on youtube
>live demonstrations on top of easier to digest knowledge
what's the point of wasting time reading the mountain of shit (frankly no one here reads most of it anyways) when you could just watch a video? isn't it time to update the sticky?
>>
Who the hell watches videos for information? Are you retarded? Illiterate?
>>
>>3067100
we dont have a mod, no matter what we do the sticky wont be updated. in the mean time you can use the /beg/ thread sticky and help us improve it.
>>
>>3067101
people who don't want to waste time going through dozens of hours of reading when someone can summarize it in 30 minutes. enjoy wasting your time
>>
>>3067104
stop lying and shilling that garbage sticky and the horrific cancer containment you call /beg/.
I have emailed the wici custodian and he adds the content.
>>
>>3067119
why do you dislike it?
>>
>>3067100
these videos never really help you understand, they also skip a lot of important stuff. Perspective for example I fully grasped after reading perspective made easy then experimenting
>>
>>3067100
Post your work anon. We know you suck so please just go draw. You're letting petty stuff hold you back
>>
>>3067116
1. Ctrl-F
2. type whatever you're looking for

good luck doing that with a fucking youtube video

I don't need to waste 5+ minutes of my life listening to the incoherent droning and mouthbreathing of some neckbeard when I could find the information I need in a fraction of the time from a proper organized tutorial.
>>
>>3067122
>Perspective for example I fully grasped
lmfao post work
>>
>>3067133
>open youtube
>type whatever you're looking for
what a retard
>>
>>3067148
no, people who need help finding basic exercises will end up watching tutorials made by real shit artists.
>>
>>3067133
>Doesn'y know how to speed up videos, turning 5 minute long videos to 2.5 minute long
>>
>>3067100
>it's THE CURRENT YEAR, GRAMPS
>who reads B O O K S anymore???
Different people get different amounts of gains out of different methods. I prefer studying books first, and then after a time looking up videos of artists who use the methods from the books in action.
>>
>>3067100
wtf is a modern lens? is that the thing causing all the shitty artwork in the same lame internet comic garbage style?
>>
>>3067100
Literally NOTHING I've seen here, there or anywhere has been helpful to me.
>>
>>3069009
Do you perchance have autism?
>>
>>3069009
Yeah, it may be helpful for total noobs but it's not helpful for people who have trained eyes and can copy stuff, for example. I can't do shit when it comes to imagination stuff, Loomis is a fucking meme, he didn't teach me shit.
>>
File: 1498579347847-0.jpg (92KB, 480x653px) Image search: [Google]
1498579347847-0.jpg
92KB, 480x653px
>>3069015
ADD, learning disability, ect. I spent most of school in special ed. I have no idea why I thought something as complicated and arduous as art would be right for me but I can't stop.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>3069028
average /ic/ poster.
>>
>>3069028
we used to have dumb kids, now we have add and learning disabilities :^)
>>
>>3069039
r-respect my pronouns pls.
>>
I like books supplemented by videos the best. Hampton has videos going over the stuff in his Design and Invention book nicely for example.
>>
>>3067100
The artbook thread should be stickied, honestly.

Other than that, most videos you can find are people who really shouldn't be teaching.
>>
File: muh grindan.jpg (106KB, 851x605px) Image search: [Google]
muh grindan.jpg
106KB, 851x605px
>>3067100
this is all that matters anyways
>>
>>3069745
There is a reason things like that aren't in the sticky; it's illegal.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.