[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is drawing anime characters actually hard or it's just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1499870386319.jpg (177KB, 640x910px) Image search: [Google]
1499870386319.jpg
177KB, 640x910px
Is drawing anime characters actually hard or it's just people with autism ?
>>
Drawing "anime characters" is no easier than drawing any other stylized comic art. Surprisingly it turns out that the universal principles of form, perspective and gesture still applies.
>>
>>3067007
why dont you draw one right now, post it and confirm which one is true?
>>
>>3067007
It's just that people think you can just jump into anime without drawing real life first
>>
>>3067016
you can actually draw anime and learn by analyzing that
>>
File: 1499797735048.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1499797735048.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
>>3067007
Study anatomy, perspective, value and then simplify, you get anime.

Study color and then you know how to color your shit.

If you just go and study anime, you won't know why you do the things you do, if you go from up to down, you'll be able to manipulate better how you stylize your shit.

簡単だよ。
>>
>>3067007
people with the wrong kind of autism are attracted to anime.
>>
>>3067021
Like any other stylization, anime reduces the number of details. To do so, you must know about details, how they work and how are they connected to one another. Analyzing a picture with reduced number of details won't give you any information about reduced stuff. Now go back to Loomis.
>>
>>3067043
yukkuri shiteitte ne
>>
>>3067007

do you want to draw anime?

IMO, Japanese are very discipline. Try cooking decorative sushi or try sewing Yukata.

I think they have the same discipline. Engrave in their culture the colors, the technique the workflow.
>>
>>3067021
>you can actually draw anime and learn by analyzing that
Anyone with a critic eye can tell who jumped straight into anime and who studied from realism first. There's a huge difference between people who imitate a style, and people who know why things are done on a certain way for a style
>>
>>3067011
>Surprisingly it turns out that the universal principles of form, perspective and gesture still applies.
If only people practiced their fucking fundamentals.
>>
I never understood this "learn the complicated and then the simplified form". In math we learn all the formulae first and then, years fucking later, we learn how someone got into it, like area and volume of shapes.
>>
File: James.Jean.full.1656208.jpg (3MB, 2463x3500px) Image search: [Google]
James.Jean.full.1656208.jpg
3MB, 2463x3500px
>>3067916
kids justifying the dogma taught to them by their schools or whoever sold them the bull to begin with. it's like you can't study top-down or any other possibility. it *has* to be from the foundation up. retards have some kind of dysfunction when it comes to learning like they've only ever built lego castles.
>>
>>3067916
You're making the assumption that drawing what's in front of you is more difficult than meaningful abstraction and design that goes into cartooning.

I suppose if you just want to copy other anime style drawings, you can get right into it. Probably won't make you a good cartoonist, though.
>>
>>3067946
I don't need to know why cartoon hands have 3 hands, I just need to know how to draw it. I really don't see your point.

I'm not saying you shouldn't know, but I don't see why you should either. I personally try to learn both just because I like it..
>>
>>3067952
You can't draw stylized if you don't understand what your styling (real life), it's as simple as that.
>>
>>3068001
Why? I don't see why. I can see why you couldn't stylize something you never did or learned how to, but why couldn't you just learn the stylized things and draw it? It makes no sense.
>>
>>3068009
Not that guy, but anime doesn't even have that much stylization going on to begin with outside the facial features. With the exception of some heavily exaggerated hentai proportions or chibi moeblobs, they usually are just what you'd get if you drew a realistic body with realistic proportions and just slightly simplified the outlines and left out some unnecessary surface details. Getting good at anime means getting good at figure drawing and perspective. All those idiots who think this has anything whatsoever to do with studying REALISM though are obviously wrong.
>>
>>3068018
Yeah, but that's my point. If you learn how to draw animay then you learn how to fucking do it, you don't need to learn how to draw a fourth dimensional object and deconstruct it, because someone has done it for you. If you wanna draw anime shit then learn how to do it.
>>
>>3068022
Have you even tried doing animeme?
>>
>>3068027
Yes, but I started to dislike how simple it is and now I dig some more structured stuff. Still made by asians, tho.
>>
>>3068022
The thing is that the steps required to draw good anime (keyword good) are the following: learn figure drawing, learn how to stylize in an Eastern fashion. Tada! Now you can draw animoo AND you can do figure drawings

If you skip the first step, you'll be struggling to abstract something you don't even understand and end up with shitty deviantart-tier drawings, if stuff like perspective, form, etc. are the fundies of all drawings, figure drawing is anime's fundie

Its like cooking. if you lazily skip steps that are crucial to the recipe, you'll end up with a shitty plate.
>>
>>3068037
I just want to know why do I need to abstract something if it is already done for me. There are hundreds of abstracted ways of doing a body part and someone already did it for me, so I don't really need to do it again. Perspective, form and gesture I can understand, but you don't really need to know how to draw a realistic shrimp to draw a cartoon shrimp.
>>
>>3068009
it's not that you can't (because nobody will stop you) it's that you shouldn't.

it limits your creative potential. unless you're okay with just being able to draw that particular thing/style, then by all means; do whatever the fuck you want.

working in simplification/stylization makes it very easy for an artist to slide into a formula, which is why drawing from life is so important.
>>
>>3068045
>perspective, form and gesture I can understand
what are you fighting for exactly? you seem to understand that you need the fundamentals, yet you still won't shut up.
>>
>>3068066
>>3068069
I'm just autistic and don't like to see people saying you NEED something when you don't. I agree it helps, but you don't NEED it. You can just spam your DA/pixiv with generic front faced anime grills without learning the fundies, you don't NEED them.
>>
>>3068078
this, fucking idiots think everyone wants to grind boxes for 10000 hours just to draw a simple scene
>>
>>3067043
>Study anatomy, perspective, value and then simplify, you get anime.
The absolute best indicator of an armchair artist.
>>
>>3068078
Dude, we're talking about improving and becoming a good artist, of course you don't NEED to do anything in life.
We're talking about becoming a successful and knowledgeable artist.

Anyways I'm done with this, this is like the knight vs samurai debate, there's no end to it because there's no definitive answer really
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.