[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always dismiss my own ideas as worthless after overthinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1499653350001.jpg (48KB, 768x843px) Image search: [Google]
1499653350001.jpg
48KB, 768x843px
I always dismiss my own ideas as worthless after overthinking them.
How do i stop giving a fuck and start drawing whatever pops up in my head?
>>
stop overthinking them
>>
>>3066937
How
Also should i write every idea down right away?
>>
>>3066933
remember that no one cares about you and you're not the center of the universe.

The same way you sometimes hear cars outside the window is the same way you are that car noise in someone elses life.
You're not important and no one cares. You will die and be forgotten.

memento mori you fuck. just like, do it man.
>>
I struggled with the exact same thing for the longest time. It really held me back. I used to think I had to draw the most serious, thought-provoking thing in the world and that all my ideas are worthless otherwise. Nowadays, I give less of a fuck and just draw/paint the ideas I find the most fun. People are more drawn to my work now as a result and I'm a lot happier these days too. I found that having joy in the process is pretty important for making successful work.
>>
>>3066986

unless you're regularly forgetting ideas there's no need, but if you want.

And for not overthinking, just remember that 99% of people who see your drawings won't overthink them. Very few normies actually look at art analytically.
>>
>>3066933
There's no secret behind it. You just "stop giving a fuck".
>>
>>3067283
get that cynical bullshit outta here, r9fag
>>
>>3067525
>>3067293
>>3067283
Not OP here. I have different problems than him, but they're in the same vein.
I just want to sort of vent a frustration here: I'm very aware of this kind of stuff. I will die, be forgotten, no one cares. My favorite artists are not necessarily the best, but they seem to make art in an uninhibited manner and have fun doing it. I like artists who are open about their mistakes and progress too. I think those kinds of features in a person enable them to improve much quicker, in all ways. I know my work, and life, will benefit a lot from being able to "not give a fuck".
But I have no idea how to do that. It bothers the shit out of me that I very earnestly believe this stuff but feel unable to actually do it. Seems like some magic shit to me.
>>
>>3067283
Of course he's not important, I'm the one the universe has chosen as the conscious entity.
>>
File: 1493903003022.jpg (395KB, 1224x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493903003022.jpg
395KB, 1224x1000px
>>3067283
pleb post
>>
>>3067550
It might just take time for you to get over that hurdle. For someone like me who was riddled with insecurities and anxieties, it took a very long time to get over it.
>>
>>3067600
How long did it take? And how did you do it?
>>
>>3067607
Several years. I just kept learning from my mistakes while trying to maintain perspective and not giving up. Then again I had extremely poor mental health back then so it might take less time for someone who doesn't have that. Easier said than done really. I still have some issues with art but for the most part, I've grown more content with where my work is going than I used to be.
>>
>>3067620
Nice, good for you. Well, several years... shit. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I've struggled with this stuff for most of my life, and I don't have any major mental health issues. It's not like I can give up, but it feels like treading water most of the time. Or a catch-22. Anyway, I guess this isn't the place for complaining about it, it's more like a personality problem that affects art rather than an art problem.
>>
>>3066933
you need to realize great art doesnt come from you just sitting down and thinking REALLY HARD about making something amazing. you make stuff and eventually greatness comes.

heres a good video to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZAxLqJkzA
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.