[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the black Kim Jung Gi? Steven Wiltshire, artist with autism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: genius.jpg (448KB, 1900x1520px) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
448KB, 1900x1520px
Is he the black Kim Jung Gi? Steven Wiltshire, artist with autism who can draw a panorama of an entire city from memory
>>
>>3065100
heard of him yeah. Pretty neat desu.
>>
Kim Jung Gi doesn't have autism.
>>
It's a cool skill but the end product isn't really that appealing, especially compared to the stuff kjg does.
>>
>>3065100
how about they're both terrible? people are only impressed by autism and hyper retarded muh style "talented" illustrators in 2017 though so whatever.

"WOW! Looks JUST like a photograph!"
"WOW! Now THATS talent!"

stuff like that.
>>
>>3065100
>drawing from the wrist
>on a whiteboard
so talented
>>
>>3065100
This guy knows his perspective.
>>
>>3065125
KJG's style is not hyper realistic.
>>
>drawing boxes
>hard

They're not even good boxes.
>>
File: ForAnts.jpg (16KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
ForAnts.jpg
16KB, 220x293px
>>3065100
> From memory
> Apples, Oranges

KJG draws from imagination.
>>
>>3065125
Just because you learned about kjg last week doesn't mean everyone else did. lmao at your dumbness and newness.
>>
This guy is actually a lot better than KGJ. Kim fucks up a lot of the smaller details and I'm surprised no one calls him out on it. I think it's cause everyone on /ic/ never sees his work in person or in high quality for that matter. If you actually look closely at his work, it's pretty sloppy to the point where it'd be better if he just did a quick under drawing. His gimmick actually brings down his art but people seem to dig it so I don't blame him. This guy on the other hand is autistic and has a photographic memory so he's able to better recollect all the details. I'd say KJG is a better all around artist but in terms of just sketching cities off the top of the dome, this guy has him beat.
>>
He looks happy to be drawing. I hope I can always be that happy while drawing.
>>
>>3065228
Anon, you really understand what is art about.
>>
>>3065225
whilst remembering all that detail is genuinely impressive in itself just look at the linework, look at it closely, and the barely existing perspective. guy draws like a third grader.

art is more than just detail.
>>
Except KJG's stuff actually looks good.
>>
>>3065225
> If you actually look closely at his work, it's pretty sloppy to the point where it'd be better if he just did a quick under drawing

Are you retarded or just blind? If that's your big criticism of KJG, how do you not see how incredibly amateur and sloppy that other guy's drawings of the city panorama are? There is literally zero skill and technique in his lines compared to KJG.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>3065137
>Not drawing dots from the shoulder
>>
>>3068017
Steven wiltshire has his own Wikipedia page. What has kim jung gi got?
>>
>>3065125
I like how you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and yet you think no one notices so you say it with absolute conviction like a toddler telling their first lie. I wish i could see you do this irl so i could see other people's faces when they realize they are talking to an idiot.
>>
>>3065100
it's shit, needs more loomis
>>
>>3065137
It's almost like he's not drawing something big, but a small detail of the city.
>>
>>3068061
An instagram account with over half a million followers, an active career as comic book artist and illustrator, very high demand for his workshops and live demos and the admiration of artists across the world.
>>
>>3068061
not autism for one.
>>
>It's a "KJG isn't all that good" thread
>>
>>3065100
he probably gets directions through his earbuds. What a hack
>>
>>3068186
and a small cock
>>
>>3065125
i mean i kinda agree, but remember who the actual consumers of illustrating art is: the normies. If art was made by artists for artists, it would probably look pretty different.
>>
>>3065100
>>3065225

>WE WUZ KANGSS
>>
>>3068270
when will this meme end?
>>
>>3069154
when will this meme end?
>>
>>3069177
when will this meme end?
>>
File: 1500334481928.png (24KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1500334481928.png
24KB, 640x479px
>>3065137
>
>>3065168
>>3065172
>>3068017
keep sucking that kimdick, fags
>>
>>3069181
when will this meme end?
>>
>>3065154
He didn't say it was. His implication is that KJG falls into the "hyper retarded muh style "talented" illustrators in 2017" that he mentioned.

And he's right. If your main viewership are tasteless man-children who like comics, video games, and cartoons, which describes most of 2017 illustrators, then something is wrong with your art.

>>3068268
Most illustrators already do try to impress other artists. Even if in the end when they "make it" their viewers aren't all artists, their formative phases are spent being surrounded with other like-minded artists to circle jerk about whatever style is in fashion. I can't say about the portion of followers who are other artists and who are not, but a significant portion of people who worship successful illustrators are aspiring artists themselves.
>>
>>3065100
The impressive thing with this guy isn't his drawing skill, which is shit, it's his photographic memory.
He's basically tracing an image he has in his mind.
>>
>>3065100
Back in the day we would call of you cock suckers or dick riders.
>>
>>3065100
literally an idiot savant, fuck off
>>
>>3069195
when will this meme end?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.