[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a situation on my hand regarding

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0a1.jpg (40KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
40KB, 600x575px
Hey everyone, I have a bit of a situation on my hand regarding a project I was comissioned through Upwork and I'm not sure how to proceed.

The client has created a board game, and wanted an artist to do the front of the box. He hired me as he liked my artwork. He had a previous artist do the art for the comic book puzzle book that comes with the game, but the client said her English isnt great and her schedule isn't free.

So initially I was asked to do the front of the box. I've don't sketches and revisions of sketches (which I've been paid for) but ultimately he said he now wants to go for a minimalistic style, while keeping the mascot character from the puzzle book on the front. First he wanted thematic, now it's minimal, aka, barely any artwork just words and a few graphics.

But it gets better, just yesterday the client announced that the other artist has come back because she still has to do the cover for the puzzle book. But they also think her cover for the book should be on the back.
The artist all thinks she do draw the character on the cover as she's afraid "the style won't match".

So if the other artist is doing the character on the front and the back, what the fuck am I here for??
The client asked me if I can still design the rest of the box: the instructional stuff on the back, the sides, the extra stuff on the front, but I feel like this is not what I signed up for.

While it would be awesome to stay part of this project, the big thing was to see my artwork on the box and to use it for my portfolio to get similar gigs. I'm an Illustrator, not a graphic designer.

What should I do?
Tl;Dr. Was asked to do the art for a board game cover, now designated as a graphic/product designer using someone else's artwork.
>>
>>3063144
>The artist all thinks she do draw the character on the cover as she's afraid "the style won't match"

Damn autocorrect. Meant the artist also thinks she should draw the character on the cover as she's afraid "the style won't match"
>>
Either do the work and get paid or back out due to breach of contract/getting your fee-fees hurt

it's not rocket science. The client has no obligation at any time except to pay for completed work and any other arrangements you might agree upon. if you want security, get a day job
>>
Do it and get out. Don't do more work for that client afterwads because it's clear they don't know what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>3063154
It's not so much a feelings hurt thing. Its the fact that he asked for an artist to do the art for his box, when after he hired me, his original artist comes back and says she wants to do the work instead.
>>
>>3063159
I have a good relationship with the guy, so I don't want to do anything to burn any bridges. I'm just confused and frustrated as I was asked to do something, and now I'm asked to do something else.
>>
Do it or don't. How is this a difficult decision?

honestly sometimes /ic/ I wonder how you don't starve trying to decide what to eat
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.