[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to get a bit into high art because so far I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-design-1024x576.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-design-1024x576.png
1MB, 1024x576px
So I want to get a bit into high art because so far I've experienced art through games, books, animation etc.

So I'd like to mention some titles that I like in terms of art design or general atmosphere in hopes to find painters that produce something that might resonate with me.

Titles: Torment, Angel's Egg, Feherlofia, Dark Souls, End of Evangelion, Book of the New Sun (I know it's a book), Blame!, Casshern Sins, Metabarons, Shadow of the Colossus, Morrowind (know the graphics weren't that great, but liked the concept art)

I of course know the graphic artists that work on those titles, but I'm looking for painters. No need to mention pic related either.
>>
File: 1485979802437.png (92KB, 252x254px) Image search: [Google]
1485979802437.png
92KB, 252x254px
>>3062312
>high art
>posts colesclaw bikini
you need to lurk more
>>
>>3062312

You could look at art of books.

Dark souls has design work books.

To be fair, I would personally look at the ideas and look at real life instead of copying other peoples work.

Dark Souls for example is based on a lot of books, for example if you read Conan the Conqueror one of the levels of Dark Souls is from that game, the one with Seath.

So I would personally ignore Dark Souls and read books by Robert E Howard, H.P. Lovecraft, Mythology.
>>
>>3062327
Well, I have read books by those two authors and used to have quite an interest in greek and mesoamerican mythologies In mythologies in general pretty much. Book of the Sun is one of my favorite works of fiction and it mixes science-fiction with mythological aspects.

In fact books used to be the medium I would engage with the most, it's only in the last five or so years I realized how much great works there are when it comes to visual media.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.