[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet a really cute girl last week >we're randomly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>meet a really cute girl last week
>we're randomly paired to work together on a university assignment
>professor put the groups together so I'm super relieved at not having to try and find someone to work with me
>girl is actually really cool
>while we're introducing ourselves hobbies come up
>she's telling me how she's into art, I ask her her favorite artists
>she says her favorite artista are Pollock and Rothko
>asks me who my favorite artist is
>tell her Picasso
>she gives me this weird look like she wants to laugh but is also disgusted
>tells me "oh yeah my 6 year old brother is really into Picasso, he likes to run around the house drawing cubes"
>she says we should just get to work
>treats me cold as fuck now

What the fuck, /ic/? Picasso is literally art for all ages, he's not fucking Norman Rockwell.
>>
File: 648.jpg (14KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
648.jpg
14KB, 265x265px
>Picasso
Okay grandpa
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 801x1036px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 801x1036px
>>3062274
Why would you even care about the opinions of some dumb cunt who's into pollock and rothko
>>
>>3062274
Sounds like a moron who only knows Picasso's cubism period, dodged a bullet.
>>
>>3062274
>he likes to run around the house drawing cubes"
This part got me.
>>
>>3062274
>not saying Ruan jia, feng zhu, Kim jung gi, Sargent, frazetta, moebius or any other /ic/ approved artist
You were asking for it lad. You coulda btfo her.
Oh and not spamming
>post your work
After she insulted you. Shoulda just kept asking to look at the bitches work. I woulda drawn a red square and told her it's a Rothko study or some shit.
>>
>>3062357
Look at Mr. Alpha over here.
>>
>>3062274
>pollock
>rothko
>picasso
you both need the gas chamber
>>
>>3062280
>dumb cunt who's into rothko
rothko
Rothko is the pinnacle of what fine art is, while Pollock's actually shit. Rothko's works are very deep in so many ways, the rest of the art is pretentious tryhard wannabies' sketches, that weren't able, due to poor intelect, to leave the old primitive language of communication through details, objects, etc. while Rothko reached the level of art when he could express the very inner vision of consciousness, just like in Buddizm and many other religions, the enlightment is the presence, no words, inner dialogs or objective associations involved, it's like meditation, so pure and calm, and yet so powerfull, Rothko's paintings can relate to anyone, they just need to be on the same vibe, ready to receive the message enclosed in his paintings, which are trully portals into the misterious worlds deep in your mind and universe.
The rest of the artist are good, probably Rothko wouldn't evolve if they didn't exist, but their stuff is literally just silly cartoons for childminded people. Picasso was saying it's a blessing to draw like a child, he was so wrong, painting like any art should always evolve further and further into the unknown, reaching the limits of consciousness, and being able to carry others with them, not just the author.
>>
>>3062274
Her dad was a tragic case.
>>
>>3062274
You're both fucking retarded. Pollock is nothing and Picasso is shit. Both are horrendous. You two should just go get married since neither of you know shit anyways
>>
>>3062393
Thank you
>>
>>3062274
Maybe she thought you just said you were interested in art to have a common interest with her, since picasso is an artist anyone could think of when asked about an artist they like.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 534x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 534x548px
>>3062274
Problem?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.