[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

as an artist is there anything you've learned that you wish

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 24christ-span-jumbo.jpg (185KB, 1024x525px) Image search: [Google]
24christ-span-jumbo.jpg
185KB, 1024x525px
as an artist is there anything you've learned that you wish you knew sooner?
>>
That talent doesn't exist.
>>
Everything
>>
Construction , I always used to copy and draw straight ahead.
>>
dependence of reference and not noticing.
>>
it could be my job
>>
You need to stop drawing anime and study realism first if you want gains
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 562x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 562x768px
>>3060765
The role of transparent paints in oils... Somehow this eluded many of the better art books.
>>
Getting good takes time. Stop quitting and saying you don't have what it takes
>>
>>3060765
>You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
>>
story on OP? heard some cunt rekt a painting or something
>>
>>3060831
Gee how young must you be?
Ecce Homo
>>
>>3060765
Literally just the fundamentals. School I went to was so bad by 4th year I didn't even know about them.

In my job got asked by an animator about line of action and shape language and what not...I couldn't answer him...yet here I was sitting with a degree claiming I knew.

Also about online resources, books, and tutorials. I honestly didn't know about them early on. Wasted a good chunk of my teen years and 20s.
>>
Just 2 hours isn't enough
>>
>>3060780
but it's not true
>>
>>3061114
I didn't have the heart to tell him.
>>
>>3060831

Old church in Spain has very old painting of Jesus, old lady sees that's in really bad shape, "fixes" it herself, and ruins really old painting. Said painting becomes a meme.
>>
>>3060802

those are ceramics glazes
>>
File: 1480014773604.png (29KB, 1148x155px) Image search: [Google]
1480014773604.png
29KB, 1148x155px
this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.