[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying out this new technique: painting sober. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6535.jpg (244KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6535.jpg
244KB, 1024x697px
I'm trying out this new technique: painting sober.
I'm getting some pretty amazing results. On the left is a study fone while intoxicated (notice the bullet hole), and on the right is a sober intentionally painted (unfinished) portrait.
Anyone else try doing this ever?
>>
no. you'd have to be sober for that
>>
I don't get why anyone would ever try to commit to a mentally demanding creative task while intoxicated.
>>
>>3054211
Well when you put it that way, it does sound silly.
>>
>>3054211
What you're intoxicated with matters though.

A bit of weed gets my mental faculties churning every now and then.
>>
>>3054842
idk weed to me is like "relax and paint" time. I don't smoke anymore but when I did I always looked at the work when I was sober and realized all that "creativity" was bullshit, and the painting was worse for it.

And "study drugs" are even worse. Just get some coffee, or smoke a cigarette. That's really the only drugs you need.
>>
>>3054205
earlier in the year i was getting enough money from my paintings to drink a case of beer a day. and that went on for a long goddamn time. before i was drinking too - but it fucked me over in the long run. i had to post pone some deadlines and i just generally felt like shit.

it all came to an end after a car wreck.

i'm sober now.

my art is better. my life is better. being drunk to work is fine for awhile but after awhile your asshole starts to chafe because of the runs and you get scared because you know too many people who got dt's.

so you don't want to quit - and when you do try to quit you fuck it up by getting drunk all over again.

it ain't worth the risk.
>>
>>3054871
what's a dt?
>>
>>3054211
This.

Any intoxication drastically lowers the quality of my work.
>>
>>3054871
I had that runs shit too. Really fucked up my life, made me frustrated. I'm sober too now, and everything is so much better.

Cheers to you, anon. And cheers to sobriety
>>
>>3054872
dilerium tremons - er some such nonsense. basically you see shit because yer brains fucked from the booze. seen qutie a few of my relatives go through it. they end up in the hospital for a few days. withdrawals,man, major withdrawals.

i had 'em once last summer - drank a traveler of vodka everyday and that first three hours after sobering up was absolute hell. scared the everloving shit out of me. one can of beer and BAM smoothed out.

drank beer everyday for awhile and managed to sober up.
>>
>>3054205
Get help.
>>
>>3054211
Reminds me of my dad talking about retarded stoners that would show him stupid doodles they made while they were high, and he'd gaff when they'd say they were "soo creative" with pot.
>>
As someone who loves smoking weed, i absolutely endorse the idea that it makes my art shit. If I'm sitting and doodling then maybe, but for a serious piece even smoking or drinking the day before can be a hindrance.
>>
>>3055041
Weed boosts my creativity by a huge amount. It's like a switch in the brain that lets you see everything in a different light.
The problem is that I don't particularly like smoking weed, because it's such a big gamble. There's about a 60% chance that I'll go through an existential crisis while becoming paranoid, depressed, anxious and self-loathing.
>>
>>3055079
Huh, when I smoke, I just think stuff is really fucking stupid.
>I'm high, I'll watch anime
>this is really fucking stupid shit
>I'm high, let's go watch the new marvel movie
>this is really fucking stupid
>I'm high, I'll go post on 4chan
>it's the same
>>
>>3055090
Yeah, I occasionally get that effect, too. But again, it's kind of a gamble. Occasionally, smoking weed will make something incredibly immersive. On other occasions, it feels incredibly artificial.

Then again, watching anime or Marvel movies feels stupid when I'm sober, so there's not much difference there.
Really, that Marvel movies are so popular is actually shocking to me. It's basically Power Rangers with better CGI, yet people in their 20s and 30s can't get enough of it. We really are a generation without adults.
>>
>>3055110
That's because being an adult sucks.
>>
>>3055114
Yeah, I guess the skyrocketing depression and suicide rates associated with being a perpetual child are so much better.
>>
>>3055120
It helps get rid of the problem, does it not?
>>
>>3055129
No, it's one of the causes. A worthless person isn't going to improve their life if you give them the means to be a worthless person. All that will happen is that they'll wake up in their 30s and realize they've wasted their youth and their future prospects.
>>
>>3055003
I knew an old alcoholic that stopped drinking a long time ago, "except one beer every day" he told me many times and he'd pull out the same can of beer he had next to his recliner everytime. That was probably a habit he had from when he first stopped drinking, like you say, and over time he just forgot that he hadn't needed his safety beer for years.
>>
>>3055139
I meant the suicide part.
>>
>>3055143
At least the people who blow their brains out know how to properly execute a plan.
>>
>>3054205
>he thinks he deserves praise for putting down the bottle long enough to get something done
fuck off
>>
>>3055139
... he said, whilst shitposting on his favorite anonymous imageboard. One day he'd become an artist, unlike those manchildren. And, like everyone knows, being an artist is a very serious and mature thing to do, and furthermore a job that provides a steady income. Unless you draw for Marvel. Or anime.
>>
>>3054842
acid is pretty interesting if you're an artist.
>>
File: delirium_tremens_900.jpg (123KB, 659x900px) Image search: [Google]
delirium_tremens_900.jpg
123KB, 659x900px
>>3055003
That's my favorite beer!

Joking aside, that sounds scary man. Have you tried drinking a non-alcoholic beer like O'Douls? I've heard that's helped alcohols curb the desire for alcohol
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.