[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you wanna get better at digital painting, is learning about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

If you wanna get better at digital painting, is learning about values the most important thing?
>>
>>3053634
Pretty much. Wether you paint digitally or traditionally, you won't go far without understanding values.
I'd say: values -> color -> composition

Of course you also need drawing skills. A painting is just as good as its underlying structure.
>>
>>3053634
yeh. also excluding colours allows you to learn a new tool easier because you have less to focus on
>>
Is composition basically just intuitive? You see all this golden mean shit and rule of thirds bs that has so many exceptions that its not even a rule, and then they arbitrarily paste the template on top of pictures where it barely works. Is composition really just acquired taste?
>>
>>3053634
Yes but you can't figure it all out from greyscale paintings

>>3054927

Composition is pretty much a spook and those arbitrary rules don't mean anything

If you're making industrial illustrations there's something to be said about readability, but that's about it
>>
File: Psychology of Line.png (79KB, 450x590px) Image search: [Google]
Psychology of Line.png
79KB, 450x590px
>>3054927
Sort of. There are a lot of concepts and such like the importance of contrast, color theory, the rule of thirds, and the psychology of line all to help you better understand how humans react to designs. The end the goal of studying it all though is to make the knowledge instinctive to the designer if it wasn't already.
>>
>>3054927
grid based stuff about composition is bullshit, the important stuff is controlling tangents(watch sinix's videos), using different types of contrast to lead the eye to the important parts of the picture and using size and position of your elements to tell the pictures story(read framed ink)
>>
>>3054927
Composition is mostly a bunch of crap. It provides an aesthetic foundation of sorts, but it's not as important as people make it out to be.
>>
>>3053641
>>3054940
>>3054965
>>3054986
>all these wrong answers
anime fags
>>
>>3053641
I disagree. It's more values -> composition -> colour.

Values and composition made the image interesting but an image with good values, good colour and bad composition can look dull and boring.
>>
>>3055331
Why don't you say what's wrong about this advice rather than just calling names? You're literally contributing nothing to the thread.
>>
>>3054965
avoiding tangents is part of composition, faggot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.