[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

after some time i manage to gather the money for a cintiq 22

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: doushio.png (1MB, 1748x840px) Image search: [Google]
doushio.png
1MB, 1748x840px
after some time i manage to gather the money for a cintiq 22hd / pro 16 or a new monitor (24 inch) + intuos pro large, independent of desk space.

looking at reviews, only one guy actually explains why not buy the pro 16 for now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rgLXf-BiI&t=1s
then there is the lower color accuracy of the 22HD but miles better ergonomics with the stand. adobe rgb its just a meme or a real necesity for painting? is 1080p and lower pixel density a draw back in comparison?

on the other side there is the option of the intuos pro, but i cant find an answer about the relation between screen size and the tablet size (S,M,L). most reviews tell about medium been better option but i only see plebs that dont draw from the shoulder and complain about the size, is really a problem for painting?.
cintiq or monitor + intuos combo, what is best for the neck posture while sitting? consider that huion its out of my reach btw.
>>
Here's the chart for guidance on sizes, i bought M. I took neck posture into account as well and would rather have my hand sitting on the tablet while my eyes viewing directly at a monitor, had I picked the cintiq I would've had to take more breaks to give my neck some rest.
>>
>>3053114
OP here, thanks for the quick reply.
any other things to consider on your experience?
is there a difference on line length input despite surface on the tablet. i mean for ex: a 2 inch line on the medium it a 5 inch line on the large with equivalent screen size and canvas magnification? or is it just more space for longer lines on the larger tablet, they both have the same pressure sensitivity and lpi resolution.
>>
>>3053136
I've been meaning to buy an intuos medium or a cintiq13pro, hopefully we get some insight so I can finally make my decision as well
>>
>>3053164
There was an anon a while ago (the thread might still be up) with both Wacom intuos 5 and a Huion new 1060+ and said he was disappointed in how little difference there was. It came down to the tilt feature that some people don't even use.
Just sayin'.
>>
Anon, if you can afford a cintiq, buy a cintiq. How is this even a question?

Whatever you think you are losing in surface area you are gaining in precision by like, 1000 fold.

source: I have owned almost every size of cintiq.
>>
Cintiq > Intuos if you can afford it. The whole point of the guidance on sizes is that you want to get close to 1-1 mapping between the drawing surface and screen. Cintiq is always exactly 1-1.
>>
>>3053753
>>3053746
op again. thanks anons, you are right. better a cintiq than no cintiq, but the reason i considered the intuos on the first place its because people still rock some nasty old intuos 3 or 4 with no complains and i cant get around the feeling of shooting myself on the foot buying the 22hd. like getting into the leftover stock before the new model comes around, not necessarily the PRO 16 taking that place. not saying either that i would look over the shoulder with jealousy over the new tech if i manage to be perfectly fine with the tool.
its a blind purchase in the end because around here the stores get intimidated with this sort of stuff with no test unit and return policies are shit.
so from your experience, is 1080p a draw back? tanking into consideration that around 60% to 70% of the screen its the actual canvas with the tools and layers on the sides (not all programs). color gamut? or just bite the bullet and get the PRO 16 with hopes of bug just been a drivers thing and not hardware flaws and mostly (no stand included) a better investment overall?
>>
>>3053746
>>3053753
Is it okay to buy a second hand older model cintiq? I ask because I might be able to get a pretty large one at a reasonable price
>>
I can only say that you should buy it if you have money to burn, because it doesn't really do that much for drawing and painting. It's just feels a little bit better but is a fuckton more expensive and it definitely doesn't make your work better any bit.

Unless you are a pro who wants to optimize his battle station to the max by improving it a tiny bit it doesn't make sense to burn that much money.
>>
You could just buy a Cintiq Pro 24
>>
>>3053099
That majority of people won't be able to tell the difference between 90% accuracy and 95% accuracy - especially since most people don't calibrate their monitors, anyway. Unless you're publishing and NEED color accuracy, it doesn't fucking matter as much as some of the try hards here make it out to be.
>>
>>3053099
Also - if the stand is a big deal to you, all Cintiqs can be mounted on monitor arms, with VESA mounts. I have my 24HD on a dual arm monitor arm, and it's fantastic.
>>
> Falling for the Cintiq meme.

Just get a good monitor and an Intuos Pro M.

- you save a lot of money.
- accuracy is a meme, and on a tablet you'll have no problems with cursor offset.
- you'll not be staring at an average Cintiq screen that has noise because of the anti-scratch layer.

My credentials? Using Cintiqs and tablets for 18 years (I started with the Intuos GD, and still have it. It's a tank.)
>>
>>3054473
Only if the hours of useage are reasonable. If it was used in a studio environment and on 24/7, I'd be concerned with needing to replace the backlight eventually. Also, if it's one of the big ones, like the 24 HD, clean the air vents, especially if it was used by a smoker.
The only other issue is the connections - the older ones used Display Port and VGA connectors, so you may need some adapters.
>>
>>3054495
>because it doesn't really do that much for drawing and painting.
SPoken like someone who's never used one. It most certainly has a huge impact, I've been using wacoms since they first came out, was VERY experience with pens and tablets, and when I got my Cintiq it changed everything.
>>
>>3056061
Pfft. "Your credentials" are meaningless - my first Wacom was when it was called "The Art Pad", in 1995. That doesn't make me any more of an expert than you.
I doubt you've ever used a Cintiq, because if you did, you'd know that most Cintiq users recalibrate their pens every session, to account for sitting differently in relation to the monitor. Takes about a minute, and is no big deal - and the cursor stays accurate for the session.
I've had no issues staring at a Cintiq, or any other screen, since I went LCD. You're just pulling that straight out of your ass. The real reason you try to make it a meme is A. you can't afford one, so B. you hate them, because you're jealous.
>>
>>3056070
Ooh snap.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.