[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys like to do to get inspired? I started drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: ctenb.tumblr.png (256KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ctenb.tumblr.png
256KB, 1000x1000px
what do you guys like to do to get inspired? I started drawing for fun two years ago, but I found that when I made the transition from "drawing for fun" into "trying to improve" it became monotonous and actually made me draw less.

Please share anything cool that has inspired/motivated you recently.
>>
That's funny, whenever I draw straight-forward studies, it always gets out of hand and becomes something very baroque and peculiar. I'll post one soon enough in the sketchbook thread if it doesn't embarrass me.
>>
File: 1497234424985.jpg (590KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497234424985.jpg
590KB, 800x800px
That's a hard question to answer. I guess I'm self motivated.

Before I start drawing I might browse /v/, /a/ or /fa/ for a few minutes until I find something that catches my eye and gives me an idea to put on paper. Otherwise it's just a strong vision to see my ideas for characters in a video game one day.

pic related is something I just grabbed from my inspo folder.
>>
>>3052745
You can't make yourself have fun.
>>
>>3052772
Are you the person who makes those Zelda comics?
>>
>>3052745
i just listen to music and draw to that. perturbator usually produces the best results for me
>>
>>3052745
breasts are waaay too low, theyre coming out of her abdomen
>>
I look at my mother's art. She has a Master's degree in art, is 57 and iswaitressing to get by. I take a look at her books from when she would draw different things. Ribbons, flowers, feathers... She does stippling, and I don't mean like random dots, I mean TIGHT mother fucking stippling. However, despite more or less mastering that one technique... That's the only thing that she's mastered. She draws horses. And at first that translated into a refined style, but now she only draws the same thing over and over and over. A 3/4-view horse head facing left with negative space filling the page except for her stippling dots. She's drawn this same thing using incredibly expensive materials for years. Over and over and over.

Galleries don't want her work. They say it all looks the same. She refuses to take criticism. I mean REFUSES. I don't think of myself as an artist, but I do draw and I'm... A little past intermediate level? Maybe. Anyway, I've told her what I think of her work just like I've told you. That she doesn't go outside of her comfort zone and she's done great work out of her comfort zone. The response?

OK I KNOW YOUR OPINION NO ONE ASKED YOU BITCH YOU'RE THE REASON I DON'T DRAW ANYMORE YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU JUST PUT ME DOWN I WENT TO EIGHT YEARS OF ART SCHOOL I'M AN INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING

I've critiqued her work maybe... I don't know, the three times that she's asked me?

I've made it a point to draw new things, things I don't feel comfortable drawing, even if I'm not good at them. I show off work that I don't like, things that I know are flawed, and I listen to people. Even if their critiques are technically incorrect, I process their opinion and I try to see where they're coming from.

You have to want to better yourself in order to get better. If you stay defensive or put up a bubble of indifference, you'll never improve. I want to get better and I use what I just told you as fuel for never falling into that hugbox rut.
>>
>>3052814
i really want to see her work now pls
>>
File: zebby.jpg (192KB, 581x579px) Image search: [Google]
zebby.jpg
192KB, 581x579px
>>3052818

Here, I found something that deviates from her usual norm. It's all ink/paper.

And I wanna say, it probably sounds like I've called my mother a straight up cunt lol, but I really don't mean it like that. As far as an artist goes, she ranges from unbelievable good to eh, it's ok I guess depending on what work she does.

It just sucks that she does all the same thing over and over and over, and doesn't want a lick of legitimate criticism. She's actually stopped drawing because her art doesn't get her any attention or buyers. (Of course I don't think she ever really did it for the money.) I understand her frustration but the question was how do you fuel your drive and this is how I do it.
>>
>>3052829
damn thats a nice zebra

and thats a pretty good drive, hopefully youll prove a point to your mom as you go, but i dont think youll ever get as good at drawing horses as her
>>
>>3052814
>>3052829
Damn, anon. I feel for your mom, I hope she can sell some of her stuff, she's definitely good at what she does. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>3052836
I don't draw horses lol, it's not my thing. I've tried it, but being able to draw them let alone well isn't something I shoot for nor do I ever expect to achieve (in short, I agree with you). She stays in that same zone, but to her deserved credit it's a zone where she knows what she's doing.

If you want to see some of her stuff, I'll link her website. We tried to pick out as many diverse things as possible, so the quality will vary because they were done over the years. Some of her stuff is from the 90s, some from the early 2000s, some from her time in college... But I think you'll all definitely understand what I'm talking about if you look.

https://www.cherylstudent-loneponystudio.com/gallery
>>
>>3052785
No never seen them.
>>
>>3052847
Dude please delete this. Posting your mother's website complete with contact info to 4chan.. come on my dude plz.
>>
anime head doesnt fit the body
>>
File: 4chanisfulloftrollsdudexdd.png (284KB, 889x571px) Image search: [Google]
4chanisfulloftrollsdudexdd.png
284KB, 889x571px
>>3053043
>Hi, just want to wish you good luck, stumbled across your site while I was looking for some inspiration and even tho horses aren't really my thing when it comes to drawing, your work really inspired me

>Not only because of the high skill level those works have, but also the emotion they portray, I can feel how you love those drawings and you want people to feel the same too

>Have a good day and thanks for sharing the solid work
>>
>>3053043
I actually deal with all her e-mails to that website, so it's not that big of a deal. It's not her main contact information.

I'm not that naive lol, but if a good message gets through then I'll definitely let her know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.