[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get steadier hands? When I move my wrist side to side

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1499382517440.png (927KB, 2333x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1499382517440.png
927KB, 2333x1650px
How do I get steadier hands? When I move my wrist side to side and up and down, I always seem to get this weird jittery motion. Can this be trained away, or am I fucked?
>>
>>3052154
kinesiotherapy

not even jocking, I started doing it for a fucked up ring finger, and I learned exercises for all my fingers and now I can do lines better day by day (I am still in recovery)
>>
>>3052171
Isn't that only for when your shit is fucked up? I've always had this, even since I was a lil bab
>>
>>3052154
Trace artists with great lines and draw a lot of ellipses. Everyone starts with shaky hands but you'll learn to control it with time
>>
>>3052177
keep this thread up, maybe I'll remember later to do some crappy sketches to show what kind of exercises I mean
>>
>>3052185
aye aye captain
>>
>>3052154
Just draw a ton and over the period of months you will get steadier and steadier.
>>
>>3052154
If it's some sorta condition like parkinsons then I don't know, but generally your muscles adapt to the kind of motion you use them to, so long and steady lines is what you have to practice. There are examples of such exercises in Dynamic Bible / Dynamic sketching, Scott's How to draw, Drawabox etc.

Half an hour every day for a couple months and you should see visible improvement in quality and precision. Force yourself to use elbow and shoulder even if it makes things worse in the beginning.
>>
Try drawing super fast. Move your pencil so fast your hand has no time to shake.

Yeah your forms will look like shit at first, but you'll gain confidence.
>>
>>3052241
I wouldn't say they're shaking. They just jitter when I pushed them through their range of motion. It's hard to describe.
>>
>>3052247
In any case if you go fast enough it's almost impossible to make a not-nice looking line.

The challenge is of course getting the line go where you want it but that comes over time.
>>
>>3052241
I've been trying this with line art and shit
It's pretty good and fun too - but you're gonna be ctrl + z'ing till you get the lines how you want

Plus, after all your hand is a muscle, it can be trained; you just gotta exercise it, unless you have nerve damage or tremors
>>
>>3052270
I don't think it's tremors. I think it's something with the tendons or something, since it only happens if I really stretch my hand or tense up while moving. I have hypermobility, so I can sometimes overextend my joints without realizing it, since I have a crazy range of motion.
>>
File: New canvas.png (403KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.png
403KB, 1000x1000px
>>3052195
there are more, but this is the simplest and the one I found the most helpful

after you are done you can put pressure with your other hand on the ligaments along the fingers to relax them

you can do this as a warm up before any drawing session
>>
>>3052354
after posting pic realize the muscles go on top of the forearm up to between biceps and triceps hight on the arm
>>
>>3052354
Thanks m8, gonna add that to my pre-session exercises.
>>
>>3052154
Couple of simple suggestions:

>Potassium Deficiency
Try eating a banana. This is a trick I've heard surgeons use before operating.

>Mal Stick
Ever see painters in a self portrait holding what looks like a shitty scepter? Thats a Mal Stick, and the concept can be used with and 2D drafting.

>Pinky Down
If you don't have a Mal Stick you can substitute one with your pinky finger, this is what car-detailers and some sign painters do.
>>
>>3052270
am I fucked if I have tremors? When I move my hand side to side like I'm waving my entire hand shakes, makes me sad because when I watch people ctrl+z every single line on a piece until it looks so crisp and perfect I realise I'll never be able to even get close to that level of control
http://original.livestream.com/caisne/video?clipId=pla_193656f6-ed67-40f7-ba09-3691dbf785d4

not the best example but he doesn't save vods anymore on twitch
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.