[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i suck at drawing bodies. how do I git gud? do any of you recommend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

i suck at drawing bodies. how do I git gud? do any of you recommend some technique?
>>
Ignore all the how tos on the internet and def ignore the sticky. I've got the silver bullet for your problems! If you follow my technique you will draw perfect figures in no time..

Are you interested anon?
>>
Practice, fail and repeat until you git gud.

Draw athletes in action.
>>
>>3051552
Only way to get good at drawing the body is:

A. Draw bodies.
B. Draw more bodies.
>>
>>3051644
>>3051555
>>3051554

Don't listen to these retards, here is what you do. For one thing you gotta learn your anatomy, just drawing bodies from reference pictures isn't gonna help you much other than coming up with poses. But the goal here is to come up with quality poses. Second, you wanna do pose studies of other artists, krenz cushart for example or even loomis. And then try to apply that to your own work and lastly if you really wanna get good at poses draw from videos instead of photos. You'll have a better understanding of drawing natural poses rather than that figure drawing bs that nobody actually poses in.
>>
>>3051646
Post your work mr. Kruger
>>
File: pGRqcl2.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
pGRqcl2.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
>>3051707
all from imagination
>>
>>3051552
draw body parts isolated. just the plain stuff. hands, feet, nose, eyes whatever you can't do well. keep switching and drawing until they look okay from ALL perspectives. Then just add on.
>>
>>3051709
Nice. You seem to have a tendency for making the head too big compared to body tho.
>>
>>3051646
>loomis
Which book do I start with?
>>
>>3051719
That's just my style
>>
>>3051719
Not him but eat your words faggot. Post your work
>>
>>3051709
How long do you think it would take someone to get to your level following your advice?
>>
>>3051826
I've been filling up sketchbooks since I was 14, I'm 19 right now. It all depends desu. If you're untalented and don't practice enough, you'll never reach my level. If you're untalented but dedicated it might take 3-5 years. If you're talented and dedicated probably like 1-2 years.

The hardest part isn't even the anatomy or the proportions or the perspective, the hardest part is building a visual library. That is where you will struggle the most. Drawing from imagination is a very difficult skill, I've met lots of artists who blow me away in sheer technical skill but you ask them to draw from imagination and it's like they are in preschool.
>>
>>3051836
Thanks for the honest answer, I started drawing like a month ago and it feels like it'll be a lifetime before I'm anywhere near as good as you. Gonna keep working at it though.
>>
>>3051724
top kek
well played
>>
>>3051841
That's funny you say that. I expect people on here to say that they can reach my skill level in a few months. I mean that's what they say about sycra and i'm nowhere near his level lmao.
>>
>>3051857
Very few people on here are honest about progress. I don't know if it's because they're being purposefully malicious or because the majority haven't been drawing for long but either way, people undersell how much time it takes to improve like crazy. Like you said Sycra, people shit on him all the time but it takes years and years of work to get to his level, or how people say you could be nose bro level in 2 months when it would take at least a year. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a place that shits on established pros...
>>
>>3051552
>do any of you recommend some technique?
On top of reading the books in the sticky, some personal observations:
Draw the pose before drawing the figure. It's easier to fit the figure to a pose than the other way around.
To capture a pose, draw loose, curving lines. To capture the shape of a body part, draw tight and straight lines of the larger angles. Round out the corners later. It's the angles that are important to accuracy.
I find it ideal to mentally switch between drawing big curves and straight lines, rather than something in between. You're more likely to retain both kinds of lines in the final drawing, and that is what you want.
Arms should be drawn after you decide the placement of the hands. Legs should be drawn after the feet. Neck after the head and torso.
Be an active person and develop your proprioception, i.e. awareness of your own body. Make poses yourself, and triple check your left/right hands and feet.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>3051709
Good stuff man. To me these really look like they're from ref, bit maybe that's cuz i suck
>>
>>3051552
Copy other artists, go to figure drawing or just draw people on the bus or whatever(<- most important step), read books (Loomis, etc.). Do this all the time for like, 15 years and youll be pretty good.
>>
>>3051552
thanks for the inspiration
>>
draw skeletal system well as a 3d thing. learn to think with it and pose it. because quite literally, everything hangs on it.
>>
>>3051724
>Muh style
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.