[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>out on the street >encounter a familiar face "Hi

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: reeeeee.jpg (222KB, 668x900px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
222KB, 668x900px
>out on the street
>encounter a familiar face
"Hi anon how have you been?" Still doing those mad drawings!?"
>"y-yeah I guess"
>"I've seen them of X or Y social media site,great work man!"
>"s-sure thanks"

mfw I know they see it but never comment on it or like it,that's fine, but why commenting on it irl when obviously they don't give a shit about it?

Why do normies do this?
>>
They just love knowing they have a creative friend. You enrich their spirit, but maybe you don't edify their mind enough?
>>
>>3051255
I was in art highschool and all the people who do this to me were in high school or are in college now in art related degrees(architecture,graphic design,product design and so forth)
So I don't think it might be that

I really want to understand this in a physiological way
I'd never to this to anyone.I would just not mention it and pretend like I've never seen it
>>
File: 9-77J8JfMD8.jpg (48KB, 537x604px) Image search: [Google]
9-77J8JfMD8.jpg
48KB, 537x604px
>>3051248
Some people do not want to draw attention to themselves by clicking like.
But in person they feel more comfortable then on internet.
>>
>>3051272
>architecture,graphic design,product design and so forth
So construction and commerce. Is that what you specialize in?
>>
Holy fucking shit everyone on /ic/ isn't THIS autistic, are they??
>>
>>3051303
only you
>>
>>3051274
On top of this, some people feel obligated to make a comment if they leave a like on an art piece (if it's something a friend/acquaintance has done). But because they don't have anything worthwhile to say, they don't.

ALSO some social media sites share the things you like on your own timeline/feed/whatever, so although they may like your drawings of sexy anime girls they'd rather it wasn't shared in a way that their friends or family might see it.
>>
>>3051272
>physiological
I think you mean psychological
Physiological would be me fucking your autistic fag ass until you understand it
>>
>>3051248
Why do you feel the need to assume so much when you really don't have any evidence to do so? Someone not clicking like means they hate your stuff or don't care about it?

I think you're just being a little too neurotic and self important here. They went out of their way to compliment you to your face and you're being really presumptive and antagonistic about it. Besides, why would you care if they're such a faggot pussy that the best they can do to "get at" you is compliment you to your face?
>>
>>3051248
yeah i know that feels
i'm always like, "hey people, your job is to validate my artistic endeavors, why are you more concerned with your own lives, if you really cared about me you'd make sure to leave comments on my art even when you don't have anything to say about it, what are you idiots!"

like come on
>>
>>3051248
people aren't obliged to "like" stuff they like, you needy cunt.
>>
I have a friend like this! Sometimes she'll even text me about what she sees on my instagram but not comment or like. It doesn't bother me because I like that she goes out of her way to tell me she likes my stuff. I do think it's weird that I have about a hundred followers I don't know and half or more never like anything. I guess they just like browsing, especially since I don't do follow for follow.
>>
Easy. You aren't making art that appeals to Normies. Find the shit that suckers them the fuck in on Artstation and Deviantart and on massive facebook pages and you are golden.

Use some advertising logic and psychology.
>>
>>3054022
She might just like your stuff but it's too awkward to comment. Some people just feel that way.
>>
>>3054028
You're probably right. Also I think she might use it as a conversation starter, "so might as well skip the comment on insta and just text her" could be the thought process
>>
oh eff, i just started talking about myself and haven't tried to answer OP.
A few possibilities:
>They prefer to tell you in person, cause they're nice, like that.
>They don't care that much but have enough social awareness to compliment something they know about you.
>look up your work and make fun of it, thus why they know about your work and are just fake to your face.
>feel meh about you and your work. Enough to look it up on occasion or follow you but not enough to engage, if not in an immediate social situation.
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but I hope it's the first one :0
>>
>>3051248
he recognized you, and needed to bring something up that he knew about you for the sake of conversation. Because nothing is worse to a normie than awkward science.
>>
>>3054078
idk, I am a dude which likes awkward science
>>
>>3051272
>oh wow shes soooo pretty

They dont comment on the actual pretty ones...
>>
>>3051248
listen here you little faggot
if they complimented you irl you should be thankful
>b-but muh likes
shutup norman normington
>>
>>3051858
This is the biggest shit with social media. Why the fuck do they share things you only like? then what's the share function for?
social media has become garbage.
>>
>>3051303
what's autistic about all of your friends being two faced pieces of shit?
>>
>irl friends all have instagram and follow me
>stare at every fucking story I post
>NEVER like my art
thanks for nothing assholes
>>
>>3056926
Because it's nothing to whine about if your RL friends don't like your art. It's autistic to think just because you're friends they have to like every single thing on your social media.
Your family also doesn't have to like every post you make. Just because your mom hangs up your pictures doesn't mean she has to share it with everyone on fb. Doesn't mean she's two faced.

Hell, not even your followers have to like every post you make. I had one that followed and never liked, shared, or commented on a thing, and after 2 years or so they wrote me a message that they liked my art.

Stop expecting people to do shit and appreciate the things you already get.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.