[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you combine your artistic ambitions with a (non-art)-related

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1438415853728.jpg (12KB, 338x333px) Image search: [Google]
1438415853728.jpg
12KB, 338x333px
How do you combine your artistic ambitions with a (non-art)-related full-time job?
>>
>>3050272
I guess you draw on your free time then
>>
>>3050274
Not him but usually I'm too exhausted to do anything once I get home. When I get two days off in a row I usually do things which I don't have enough time for, such as grocery shopping and relaxing.
>>
>>3050278
are you so physically tired you cannot lift up a pencil? do you relax by playing video games, masturbating to anime, playing overwatch or whatever the fuck, or shitposting on 4chan which you are doing right now?

how serious are you about drawing, honestly. i'm not judging you, it's fine if you want to do other things, but think hard on this.
>>
>>3050285
>t. never held a full-time job in his life

By the time you get home you're too tired. You get about 2 to 3 hours at best but you need time to set away to watch lecture if you are a beginner.
>>
>>3050290
>you need time to set away to watch lecture if you are a beginner.

Fucking not true. If you are a beginner you dedicate that time to draw the things on your table or your shoe or anything really. At weekends you do week summary and then maybe watch a lecture or read a book a bit and set the exercises for yourself. Or set up your lightbox/blackbox that you wanted for your still lives or photographing pieces to put on your cancer social media of choice.

If you watch lectures/read books every day for hours on end you are quite literally never going to make it.
>>
>>3050290
Not him but I don't agree with that at all, you can condition yourself to remove all the other distractions, most just let procrastination cycle takeover. I give myself 15 minutes a night to update my art social media/shitpost and that's it aside from studying/working out/job.
>>
>>3050321
what is a week summary
>>
>>3050290
>lecture
that only pertains to design or color principles if desperately required.

Most visual artists learn by doing. Same for musicians. One can only absorb so much lecture. But if you don't actually do it, all that lecturing won't amount to anything. Sometimes doing stuff on your own and making mistakes are the best things a beginner can learn from. This is not to say watching lectures are a waste of time. It's not.

best strategy is to practice first. Mark your mistakes. Then on your free time during lunch break, google lectures to study from or save them on your smartphone or other device where you can watch during breaks.
>>
>>3050272
Get up a couple of hours before going to work, draw, then go to work. You will have to go to sleep really early since you DO NEED THE SLEEP to be functional.

Easier said than done. Good luck OP.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.