[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey so what's this age meme I keep hearing about? I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: hyeck.png (16KB, 987x475px) Image search: [Google]
hyeck.png
16KB, 987x475px
Hey so what's this age meme I keep hearing about? I want to start drawing, but I feel like at 22 I'm pretty much done for in terms of actually learning anything. Like my brain has ossified and I'm now stuck in my ways.
>>
File: LOOKINGGLASS.jpg (136KB, 1346x990px) Image search: [Google]
LOOKINGGLASS.jpg
136KB, 1346x990px
Delete this thread please mods
>>
If you think you can't learn anything then you won't.

Approach it with an open mind and you'll get better, but it will take time and patience. Don't listen to people who say you can't. I know you can, you know you can. Now go draw, fag.
>>
>>3049986
Are there any success stories of people who began learning at 22?
>>
nice mentality :ok_hand:
meanwhile im starting at 24
>>
>>3049992
What do you mean success stories? Like people who got famous and made money? Because if that's why you wanna learn then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>3049997
It's not my mentality I just get anxious a lot. I want to start and I'm working on it, I just don't know what's realistic to expect in terms of progress.
>>
>>3049999
No, just people who became very proficient despite starting late. I'm talking people who paint like impeccable pros.
>>
>>3049997
25 here. Started a week ago. I know it's gonna be a long journey, not much will come of it in terms of cash, but I'm doing it for the discipline and fun. I'm ready to spend the time on it.
>>
>mfw people in their 20s think they're too old to do something
holy shit this handholding generation

just fucking do it
>>
>>3049992
I think I remember loomis only starting in his 40s or something
its never to late
>>
>>3050080
I do feel it's the current generation that made this mindset. But why is that? Why do people feel like if they are in their late 20s it's too late for everything?
>>
>>3050084
There's a lot of intense competition these days (more so than any other generation), and the best of the best always started when they were either kids or in their teens. So it can be discouraging when first starting up. The current generation's struggle is much more intense than past generations.
>>
>>3049977
Van Gogh went to art school and started painting at age 27.
>>
>>3050131
Van Gough was creative and revolutionary, but I'd say his actual technique and skill was just at the acceptable level.
>>
>>3049977
It's not your age that matters it's the time you put into it, dumbass. It's called the age meme because it's just that.
>>
>>3050160
But what about neuropsychology?
>>
>>3050169

Current research shows that there's way more neuroplasticity in old people than what was thought previously. The meme on /ic/ is the reverse of that, for some obscure reason.
>>
>>3050193
Source?
>>
>>3050100
>>3050084
Has more to do with the low self-confidence defeatism traits most people here have due to living the majority of their adult life online.
>>
>>3050204

Read this and make up your mind.

> https://www.fastcompany.com/3045424/what-it-takes-to-change-your-brains-patterns-after-age-25

> In most of us, by the age of thirty, the character has set like plaster, and will never soften again.
> The Principles of Psychology (1890)

> Depending on the complexity of the activity, [experiments have required] four and a half months, 144 days or even three months for a new brain map, equal in complexity to an old one, to be created in the motor cortex.
> Neuroscience for Leadership (2015)

Now, think about it. The difference between us and a kid is that it will take more time - up to 3 months - to replace old paths and create those new paths in our brain. 3 months is fucking nothing, you're gonna live 40 extra years.
>>
>>3050234
Is there any way to ever break out of the cycle anon or is this an eternal doom?
>>
>>3049977
Well, I started a week ago and I'm 22 as well. You won't know if you'll make it till you try.
>>
>>3050251
If you accept
>due to living the majority of their adult life online.
to be the source of your woes, then go offline every other day or so?
>>
>>3049977
>Thinking learning has a biological clock
Seeing your IQ is in the double digits, consider giving up.
>>
There are people who have started in there late 20's and succeeded. It comes down to how much time you put in, that's simply it.

You either do or you don't. Simple
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.