[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try my hands at sculpting >spent 40 hours on it >not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1444956902184.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1444956902184.gif
1MB, 245x184px
>try my hands at sculpting
>spent 40 hours on it
>not even a quarter way through

this shit is too hard
>>
>>3049867
lazyfuck thread?

>tfw despise sticking to any one drawing for more than an hour
what do i do with this pile of vaporous incoherent sketches
>>
>>3049894
This is why I have no idea how to render.
>>
Make armature using armature wire
Bulk with tin foil
Pack on super sculpey
Sculpt
Bake
Profit

The better your armature the easier it will all be.
>>
>try my hand at watercolor
>assuming it's a kids and granny medium
>spend hours and nothing looks like how I want it
>unforgiving as fuck

Gotta keep going... But I'd be lying if I said I don't feel hopeless.
>>
File: DSCF0526.jpg (271KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0526.jpg
271KB, 1024x768px
>>3051128
this is babby tier. im already past that.

ive put like 45 hours into this now and i still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. somebody save me
>>
>>3051191
The legs are so pretty.
>>
File: DSCF0530.jpg (433KB, 1706x1202px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0530.jpg
433KB, 1706x1202px
>>3051243
thanks senpai

can i get another pair of eyes to confirm the panties look okay before i sculpt it in?
>>
File: david-head-760x506.jpg (60KB, 760x506px) Image search: [Google]
david-head-760x506.jpg
60KB, 760x506px
>>3049867
my area of study is in drawing/painting. But part of my degree requires that I have to take sculpting. I HATE it. It is one of those things I wished I could skip or request another requirement in its place. But it's part of my university/art college's requirement so I can't go around it.

one thing that made me tackle it: Treat it like blocks or cylinders. Then scrape away what is not the object.

if you're working from a single large block, it would be different. One thing I learned about Michelangelo was that he envisioned the subject trapped inside the large marble. And simply chipped away what was not the subject.

do little at a time. Go one hour, stop, evaluate, then go a second hour. Don't seek perfection if you have hesitation in your technique, but keep trying.

hope that helps.
>>
>>3051191
potential
>>
>>3051339
>those fucking claws
I hope for your sake you're a woman.
>>
>>3051155
watercolor isn't something you are suppose to control. I'm the same anon who replied to the OP about what to do with sculpting.

one crucial psychological thing I learned about watercolor and sculpting and how both of these share a common thing: ACCEPTANCE.

when you're sculpting, you are accepting what is not the figure. When you are using watercolor, you are accepting what the medium is GOING to do. You don't seek to control it. That's why kids and elderly seem to be "good" at it. They don't concern themselves with the outcome or what people will think. They just flow with it and they stay in the moment.

if you require further demo's to get the hang of it, I suggest going to YouTube and search for Alvaro Castagnet. They should have good, brief videos of him showing you how to use the medium.
>>
>>3051339
from the thumbnail I thought you were holding a nasty brown chode
>>
>>3049867
that's funny, i find sculpture natural and easy, like wayyy easier than drawing. different strokes for different folks i guess.
>>
>>3049894
>>3050951
Yall fell for the "don't spend too much time on one drawing meme"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.