[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any wacom fags on here? I used to draw a lot with a Wacom bamboo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0356.jpg (111KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
111KB, 750x713px
Any wacom fags on here?
I used to draw a lot with a Wacom bamboo but haven't had much of a chance in the last few years due to being a full time wageslave.
I want to get a cintiq with my tax return but have never used one before, I just hope it'll be a fun way into getting me back into drawing and pursuing a creative hobby again.

Also how are the Microsoft surfaces? Any good compared to Wacom tablets?
>>
>>3049543
For the price they go for they should be perfect, but they arent. Just go intuos pro.
>>
>>3049543
I have that exact tablet, it's pretty good. Intuos is fine but I still prefer drawing on an cintiq. You look Canadian or something OP with that price.
>>
>>3049569
How are the touch screen shortcuts and the cable ports? The last Wacom products I've bought have extremely flimsy cables or ports that ended up dying a year after the purchase. I'm interested in the Cintiqs, but if they have the same issues, I don't want to end up with a thousand dollar slab.
>>
>>3049569
Australian
I was hoping for tax time sales but the only retailer that sells them here is Harvey norman, which is a shit heap responsible for removing the online GST threshold, so obviously no good deals from there
>>
>>3049569
Also how well do they function with laptops?
I'd like to take it with me overseas every now and then and hope it will work on a shit $500 laptop
>>
I hate that you have to buy a separate device to have the buttons and the touchring now
>>
Does a cintiq feel more like glass or paper?
>>
>>3050197
glass
>>
>>3049576
It's okay the cables are alot better than the 13hd, the drawing experience is great personally I enjoy the 13" screen so many prefer bigger.

If you want real portability you should consider the iPad pro it's what I use when I'm on the go and don't want to be chained to a desk, expensive but very good for illustrating on the go, use an intuos or a cintiq when going stationary( desktop) for photoshop.

The real problem with the new pro line is the wacom link adapter you need to Google on the displayport fuckery that goes on with it.

Otherwise it's great but anon if your wanting good portability get an iPad pro + intuos or cintiq aswell if you can afford it.
>>
>>3050328
Thanks for replying. I feel pretty conflicted about the iPad pro because I haven't been able to properly test one out aside from demos placed at really awkward heights or uncomfortable positions. Plus, my software preferences aren't available on the iPad yet.

Still sitting on choosing between Wacom's Mobile Studio Pro (that price...) and the iPad, but they both seem like pretty good choices.
>>
bought an intuos pro today since my last one died, shits not worth £330, their whole line is a scam but I have no choice.

I swear this surface eats nibs on purpose, its been a day and i can see the thing wearing out.
>>
>>3050197
Glass. I have a Cintiq 22HD, and it's the best thing I've bought in years. Upgraded from an Intuos 4, for reference.
>>
>>3050354
I considered the mobile studio pro but dropped it because at that price you can get a fucking cintiq and an iPad pro and depending on the usage it's much better, also fuck wacom when it comes to computer hardware.

Apple is bad enough that make up for it with decent apps and a slim profile but I can atleast trust them not to fuck it up... but a windows pc by wacom? Hell no. Real studio use requires a real fucking pc.
>>
I am trying to justify spending 1000 on the cintiq pro 13, I have the money but I don't know
>>
Can anybody who replaced the intuos pro 2017 surface sheet with the smooth variant tell me if it still eats nibs? If not i'm returning this piece of shit.
>>
>>3050386
I'm nowhere near studio level yet, but I was looking into one for classwork and more comfortable sitting postures (like not having to worry about bending cables).

But you're really making the iPad sound great. I thought Wacom would step its game up with cheaper Chinese brands closing in, but they're still disappointing.
>>
>>3050459
Try the iPad and see how the workflow works with you, you can always return it in the 14 day window.

I find the iPad great I love it helps for studying and doing art, but at the same time I love my cintiq aswell... can't really part without either.
>>
>>3050365
have you tried using flex nibs instead. they feel really smooth and don't wear out like the plastic nibs
>>
>>3050696
Not sure if they even have flex nibs for the new pen.
>>
>>3050494
Do you use the 10 inch or 12 inch iPad? Worried that the 10 inch might be too small plus I like the extra resolution, but it's a much pricier item
>>
I've had an old Bamboo for some time now and I'm torn between whether to upgrade to an Intuos Pro or a Cintiq 13.

I had the chance to work on a Cintiq a few years ago and drawing directly onto the screen felt great, much more natural than using a tablet. But they're also much more expensive. Is the Cintiq 13 really worth $1k? Or should I get an Intous Pro M for $350?
>>
>>3050896
12.9, no question. I use it everywhere a little pain to carry it but I completely forget about it once I draw on the big surface.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.