[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw cant decide if I want to draw for the rest of my life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

>Tfw cant decide if I want to draw for the rest of my life

tell me /ic/, what are the perks?
>>
You can show people your creativity and imagination at all times because you learned how to showcase it through a drawing. Biggest perk of them all probably.

You can make a lot of money if you turn out to be really good and be good at business.

Drawing for the rest of your life instead of working some inane 9-5 job? How cool is that? People would fall head over heels for that.

Tell me what you want to draw though OP, what are your motives? To just draw for the rest of your life is something anyone can do, but to draw something specific for money isn't.
>>
File: 1496270197982.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496270197982.png
186KB, 332x512px
>>3049482
you cant test how much time you can survive without starving to death while you grind 13 hours a day with no jobs to pay your bills and hoping to one day be a decent concept artist
>>
>perks
lmfao
>>
>>3049482
>loneliness
>frustration
>poverty
>terrible love life
>feeling of worthlessness

what's not to like?
>>
You can draw your ideas.

Job wise unless you're an illustrator or graphic design gl finding a good paying job.
>>
>>3049482
The only perk is
>get to draw all day
That's literally it.
>>
File: 1496869501711.jpg (32KB, 690x689px) Image search: [Google]
1496869501711.jpg
32KB, 690x689px
>>3049549
>graphic design
>good paying job
Lmfao
>>
>>3049514
you'd have that either way
>>
>>3049554

Remember that there are people here from such shitholes like Honduras or India, so competing for $50 logo job on behance is good money for them.
>>
>>3049482
It will be one of the last jobs to get taken by robots.
>>
>>3049749
Yeh but nobody gives a shit, I'm not paying rent for a mudshack.
>>
>>3049482
Fuck if I know. But please tell me if you ever figure it out, kay?
>>
>>3049514
It'd be the same if youre a wagecuck

You'll be working minimum wage your whole life while Chad steals credit for your work and gets a promotion
>>
>>3049787
Which means you'll be working while normies use AIs and robots to do their work for them

what, do you think all the unions and employers would just allow all those jobs to be lost? That McDs burger making robot has got to be operated by someone
>>
validation from your fellow 4chan artists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
File: beer-guy_o_442902.jpg (61KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
beer-guy_o_442902.jpg
61KB, 640x492px
>>3049482
>Damn.

I know several art students from college that graduated who are doing JUST that to this day and still paying off a 10K college loan from 2010. Let that sink in.
>>
carpal tunnel
>>
>>3050318
I wonder if anyone is actually stupid enough to buy this.
>>
>>3050537
This, if OP was interested into getting in a museum, at this point visual arts are a rich man's son/daughter's game.

>tfw every city and town in the West has a painting store filled with paintings
>tfw behind every single one of those paintings there's a failed career
>>
>>3049482
Idk about you but personally i'd rather have a job I like doing and a job at which I get irritated at whenever Friday comes around.
A lot of people argue against this with "Oh but it's really fucking stressful" and to that I just ask, would you rather have a job you hate doing while being stressed, or a job where you're just as stressed but you atleast get to do something you love all day?
I'd say the latter is the way to go.
>>
>>3050979
Careful. That can make you despise what you love.

Drawing is really fucking cool tho. Keep at it, anon. There's pussy at the end of the road if you draw for the furry fandom. Sweet, sweet, furry pussy.
>>
>>3051002
>That can make you despise what you love.
Why? A common thing I hear some people say is that they start hating art as soon as they start working, because the project they're working on sucks.
But a pro soccer player wouldn't start hating playing soccer just cuz he doesn't like the team he's playing for, right?
Please explain, really curious. Can't see myself ever starting to dislike art.
>There's pussy at the end of the road
I draw because it's fun, and so should everyone else.
>>
>>3051009
I think it's different for everyone, and largely depends on the person and even the work place. It's not the fact that it's art that might make it shit, but some people might let it color their experience.

Some people don't mind disliking something. Personally, I'd want to do art just to be really, really good at something, not because it's fun or I enjoy it (It is and I do, but I can't expect it to be either of those things forever.)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.