[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a sketchbook with paper similar to printer paper. I don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: upload.wikimedia.org Sketch-book.jpg (568KB, 1036x777px) Image search: [Google]
upload.wikimedia.org Sketch-book.jpg
568KB, 1036x777px
I want a sketchbook with paper similar to printer paper. I don't like tooth on my paper. What kind of paper should I search for?

Normally my favorite surface to draw on is vellumed bristol board, but 20 pages of that runs $10. I like a stack of printer paper to draw on but I'd like the convenience of having something lines on a spiral.
>>
>>3049282
I meant to say:

"I'd like the convenience of something bound on a spiral."
>>
Get a stack of printer paper and take it to a print shop to have it bound?

As for sketchbooks with smooth paper, Canson XL Bristol pads are slick and decent considering what they cost. The Hahnemuhle Nostalgie sketchbooks are pretty nice but they're not cheap.
>>
>>3049440
Getting it bound at a print shop is actually really expensive.
The cheapest thing I can find is 100 pages of this printer paper in the spiral bound sketchbooks at MIchaels labeled "Artists Loft". I have been looking forever for something cheaper or for something the same price but with a little bit of tooth like Strathmore.
>>
I suppose I could binder clip some printer paper to a board of masonite.
>>
File: IMG_9437.jpg (236KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9437.jpg
236KB, 1000x1000px
>>3049450
Spiral binding is cheap if you don't want something fancy, pretty much any copy shop can do it. Cut some thick cardstock and cover it with nice textured paper or something and use that for covers.

Alternatively, spend ~$50 on a Staples Arc hole punch + disc set and just make your own refillable sketchbook with whatever paper you want. That's what I do.
>>
>>3049282
Perhaps just buy a three-hole puncher, punch holes in printer paper, and stick it all in a small binder?
>>
File: XL%20Serie-XL-Sketch-1.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
XL%20Serie-XL-Sketch-1.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
I was on a similar hunt, looking for a smooth papered sketchbook to take the place of printer paper which I got tired of organizing.

I settled on the Artist's Loft hardbound sketchbook from Michaels, which is fairly smooth and takes ink and marker pretty well (with minimal bleeding).

But if you want a spiral binding, check out the Canson XL sketch pad. I haven't used it but it's one of the options I looked at in-store and found it to be the smoothest sketchbook paper I've seen by far. I didn't pick it because the Artist Loft paper is thicker and I prefer the square binding, but the Canson was a close second and when I finish up my current sketchbook I'm grabbing one.
>>
>>3049282
>
If you're only going to do a couple books, just go to Staples or Office Max, and buy a ream of printer paper, and have it split into two books of 250 sheets, and bind them with the appropriate size spiral. Shouldn't cost more than $5 for the paper (copy grade - laser is twice as much) and $10 for the binding.
>>
>>3049450
>Getting it bound at a print shop is actually really expensive.
Nah. One or two books shouldn't be more than $10 anywhere - the machines that do the binding are only $75. We had one in the last office I worked in as in-house designer, for binding reports.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.