[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to just buy Huion tablet instead of Wacom, since it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: LdipNBFv.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
LdipNBFv.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
I decided to just buy Huion tablet instead of Wacom, since it's lot cheaper and it's just for hobby (also I'm bad at drawing). Does anyone have recommendation on what to get?
>>
File: 31wOzGHtCQL._SY400_.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
31wOzGHtCQL._SY400_.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Huion has some of the worst most buggy drivers avalable. But if your dead set on a huion go with the Giano if you have the desk space or the hg160.
>my recommendation for a cheap first tablet is the XP-PEN Star03 it has a wireless pen, better drivers and is about the same size as an intuos medium
>>
>>3047002
>Batteryless pen
Accidentally typed wireless pen like a Fucking idiot.
>>
>>3047002
>buggy drivers
Is it buggy? I would get Intuos pro, but I'm not sure if spending +$400 for a hobby is good idea...
Any opinion on Huion's Q11K?
>>
>>3046991
i have the 1060+ pro and been using it for 3 years now without an issue
>>
Went from a h610 pro to intuos 5 touch, and there is literally no difference besides touch and tilt, and the touch thing keeps activating when I rest my forearm on the tablet to use the keyboard.

I was kinda disappointed, to be honest, I expected the core function to be better somehow.
It does have better pressure settings, though, huion's piss me off.
>>
>>3047077
No issues on Linux. On Windows you might have to uninstall old, install newer or look up an advice on the net, but it's a one time hassle.

The Q11K looks fucking sweet, the new pen and getting rid of the useless soft keys. I'd definitely buy it if I didn't have two tablets already.
>>
>>3047273
Which tablets do you have and how are they?
>>
>>3047077
>won't spend $400 on hobby
>>
>>3047077
I have a Huion GT-190, and it works pretty well. I haven't experienced many issues with it. There would be occasional lag when I had a worse computer, but ever since I upgraded it's fine. You said you didn't want to pay +$400, so I'm not sure if you be willing to pay something that is exactly around $400.
Personally I like Huion's tablet-monitors because it's easier for me to draw directly onto the screen instead of having to draw on a tablet on my desk, while looking up at my monitor. I never got used to that.

Be lucky you're not a musician, instruments are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>3046991
I just got the Huion Giano for like $160 on Amazon. The drivers have worked fine and the tablet works like a dream. It might be slightly too big, as my shoulder gets sore after a couple of hours. But other than that it's great. I'm also a hobbyist so I wasn't looking to spen a shit ton of money on something that I may not use, but I haven't regretted gettin the Giano even once. Hope this helps, Godspeed.
>>
>>3047481
>>3047515
Well, I do want to get intuos pro. But like I said, it's quite expensive for a begging hobby that I'm not even good at. I also need to get a new laptop.
>>
>>3047451
I've had a huion Giano for about a year and a H610pro for about 2 months. Although Giano is a good tablet, I don't see the size difference as a notable advantage. It's good for large screen monitors, but definitely not if you have a laptop. I don't use the wireless feature very often, so sometimes I get the cable sticking from the top getting in the way of my keyboard.
H610pro is pretty nice, more recommended for a beginner, but I kinda wish I'd gotten the new 1060+ instead, the smooth screen transition looks pretty comfy.

As I said, the Q11K is what I'd probably get after the experiences I've had so far.
>>
I bought a h610 for $60 and it's great for the price. My only other tablet was a Wacom bamboo so having more pen sensitivity along with the command buttons made a huge difference already. I'll probably try a giano at some point too.
>>
>>3046991
I just got a GT 185 and I'm super happy with it. I was using an Intuos 3 large before that.
>>
>>3047515
I'm an illustrator and I also love playing the guitar, how fucked am I?

Mostly I buy cheap chinese pedals, some of those are gold if you don't treat them too roughly.
>>
I'm still thinking between Giano and Q11k.
>>
File: IMG_20170606_165819.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_165819.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Huion 1060pro user here, absolutely in love with it.
No more wrist pain like with my Intuos S and bigger space to draw.
Clicky buttons but I still prefer KB because habits
Works exactly like my Wacom except drivers are less of a hassle and pen feels better
>>
Out of all the tablets, wacom included which is the cheapest one that can still draw properly?

I am a beginner hobbyist like OP.
>>
Is new Intuos pro actually better than the old one?
>>
>>3053405
Huion is literally the same as wacom defamed by jewish wacom tactics with false information like "bad drivers" when in fact all huions drivers work just fine. Can't comment on durablity of either, as they're graphic tablets. They all go to shit in a few years, or they can outlast everything.
Get whichever, just get a medium sized tablet or bigger, not small sized. Small ones will give you carpal tunnel.
>>
File: gtab.jpg (83KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gtab.jpg
83KB, 1500x1000px
>>3053413
Is this medium or small?
Huion K46 6"X4"_2048 Pressure Pen Tablet
>>
>>3053425
Small. You need Huion H610pro at the very least, or spend a few dollars more and get a Huion 1060plus. They are medium sized.
Don't, Don't cheap out on size. Dependig on ypur preference, either get a medium(around 10" ,big enough), or large if your table is big enough.Ideally you want size closest to your monitor size. So if you have a laptop(14" screen) like me,a 10"(medium) tablet would be ideal
>>
>>3047004
Is batteryless really that much of an upside?
I mean from what I've seen a single AAA battery lasts ages in a tablet pen.
>>
>>3053440
It's really not. A single charge on the rechargable pens lasts months. I assume the disposable battery models get similar charge life.
>>
Can`t recommend huion at all, had 2 different ones and both had a myriade of problems and compatibility issues, and after about 6 months both started disconnecting randomly. Turned out the usb port on both of them broke.

Went wacom when i got display tablet and the only issue i have is that the driver stops working like once a week, but thats just a matter of turing it back on again.
Otherwise i had no problems with my wacom tablet for 2 years.

If you planning on using a tablet professionally, don`t cheap out on one, The extra money is well spent. If you just want to test out how a graphic tablet works and fool around a little, go ahead.
>>
>>3053453
I haven't had to replace my battery yet and I've had this for almost a year.
>>
>>3053456
Oh forgot to mention, don`t get them from XP-pen either, that thing was probably the worst tablet i ever owned.
>>
>>3053456
The only problem I've ever had with Huion is the USB port breaking. I've had the same problem with Wacom too though. It only happened because I'm an idiot and I trip over cords.
>>
>>3053440
It's more the weight of the pen rather than the life of the battery. I was playing with my partner's Monoprice tablet+pen which has a battery and the pen is top heavy.
>>
Giano is alright for me for sculpts, cheap, big, however:
-there is absolutely no screen res it actually fits, you WILL have to adjust it in the app, a small strip of the workspace wont be responsive as a result,
-unlike Wacoms you will likely not be able to dl anything for Linux, meaning that if your screen ratio strays too much from the tablet's work space it will be impossible to retain accuracy... however the thing actually somehow works on my Mint w/o any apps needed, that's actually a huge unexpected plus.
-the grain is different than on bamboos, it will suck for a long while if you're used to that,
-when tilted the nib of the pen is pretty lose,
-nibs aren't very resilient/long
-there's no eraser on the other end,
-i didn't get the microfiber rag it supposedly comes with in other countries,
-the 12 keys its got aren't very pronounced, dead space (if you use more than one program you'll use keyboard anyway),

Overall its still worth the money, Chinese technology theft makes hell of a discount.
>>
>>3053807
Own one, can confirm all of this.
Maybe just adjusting the screen res in the app - why would you need to do that, exactly? Unless you have a 3:4 monitor from the 90s or something.
>>
>>3053820

Because you want to use your hand coordination/not fuck your hand coordination with hours upon hours working in false space.

The Giano's res would be 1600x1080 or something like it. that 1080/900 difference is still significant if you want accuracy.
>>
>>3053456
Hello there, Wacom employee. [spoiler]How does it feel to eat shit and get paid cents for working on your master's shaft only to get disposed of in the near future?[/spoiler]

Another Giano user here. Works perfectly on my Windows machine. The only issue I had with drivers was related to high DPI scaling but that got fixed after overriding the scaling in the software shortcut's Compatibility tab. Had my USB port break but awesome support sent me a replacement in a few days - defects happened to my mouses from supposedly trusted manufacturers too so that's a non-issue.

>>3053807
Why would you spin your pen every time you need to erase something instead of pressing E on your keyboard?

>>3053821
Driver software can set the work area to correct screen ratio and give you a 1:1 eye coordination. Losing 1cm of your tablet is not something to cry about. What else do you need?
>>
>>3053841

>Driver software can set the work area to correct screen ratio and give you a 1:1 eye coordination.

As I mentioned myself.

>Losing 1cm of your tablet is not something to cry about. What else do you need?

Less combative autists mad because I pointed out one of several other minor product flaws, since they arbitrarily decided this one's not significant enough to mention (unless you have an unusual screen, in which case it can be individually very significant, but oh well).

Your posts are as useless as they come, feel free to stop replying anytime.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.