[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I not wired to draw things well? Not sure if this is a hobby

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: oAqmAJe.jpg (717KB, 1600x1408px) Image search: [Google]
oAqmAJe.jpg
717KB, 1600x1408px
> I am dyspraxic so I have bad spatial reasoning skills (bottom one percentile )
>I am a super recogniser, so I can recognise faces better than 99 percent of people...maybe this can be useful ?

I don't wanna be a great artist, I just wanna be able to make something good enough for someone to think "hey that's kinda cool".
>>
File: 2onXM.jpg (521KB, 1767x1211px) Image search: [Google]
2onXM.jpg
521KB, 1767x1211px
I also have bottom one percentile processing speed.

I'm not sure if I am being retarded by choosing to drop hobbies due to an IQ test or if I am instead being realistic.
>>
>>3045674
>drop hobbies due to an IQ test
Yeah thats pretty fucking retarded

Would be like telling your kid not to play with legos because he isn't smart enough to make a proper pyramid.
>>
>>3045686
I just really hate being bad at things. If being good at something is my goal, failure seems inevitable. This mindset is probably why I have such a one dimenensinel list of hobbies. I should probably change it.

I've also been learning too much shit about the importance of IQ.
>>
>>3045669
You shouldn't apply negative labels to yourself, instead you should build on your strengths and seek out positive influences.
>>
>>3045701
one of the reasons to pick art as a hobby though is that you don't actually need to be good
>>
>>3045669
You should also aim to be a GREAT ARTIST, not a good one. There's a quote by Michelangelo on this subject, the gist of which is, aim high and fail -- don't aim low just to succeed in mediocrity.
>>
File: 34217634455_13b3cc5ef8_z.jpg (77KB, 640x274px) Image search: [Google]
34217634455_13b3cc5ef8_z.jpg
77KB, 640x274px
>>3045669
You are pigeon holing yourself by relying on IQ. But based on this, it really seems like drawing isn't exactly the hobby for you. Everyone is bad at first, and you might take you awhile to even make it to the mediocre stage.

Why not go for a hobby that is artistic, but the majority in the hobby aren't exactly artists? For example, I collect and customize Ball Joint Dolls. A big part of our hobby is creating characters, recognizing sculpts, recognizing accessories (eyes, wigs, clothes, etc.), recognizing companies, and getting to know other people in the hobby (their characters, their niche, any services they provide). There are a lot of people in the hobby that just buy dolls, have someone do the face up, and then buy clothes/wigs. Others will do the face up themselves, or try to do a lot of other things themselves. Both ways are legitimate.

I only mention this because you said you recognize faces well. That is a great trait for hobbies like dolls, or even hobbies like sports where people seem to memorize whole teams of athletes.
>>
>>3045701
Everyone hates being bad at things
>>
>>3045754
Tell that to a midget who wants to be a basketball player.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 750x500px
>>3045818
That's no analogy to what we're doing.
https://youtu.be/res17FLLcPM
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.