[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some say that developing as an artist is the process of training

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1491706746071.png (872KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1491706746071.png
872KB, 850x1133px
Some say that developing as an artist is the process of training your hands to see as well as your eyes

Are we really all seeing the same things in front od us, or just wildly different things that we describe in similar ways? Is there even a definite form or light distribution to be interpreted in the first place, or is it everyone's collective best guess?
>>
>>3044315
we all approximate

approximate what sound our parents just made, try to imitate by making an approximately same sound, approximate what kind of shape you are seeing and then try to draw an approximately sameish shape on paper

training to do something better is learning to approximate it better
>>
Just think of it how some people can't read sheet music but can play instruments. There's a very definite 'science' to how something will look on a piece of paper (sound) if you do x, y, z. But people don't all think the same and the brain is pretty good at finding alternate routes to comprehend something and apply it. Me personally I learned my times tables from some stupid song in middle school. It just happens to be the way my mind comprehended it rather than some scientific explanation about increasing integers. Nothing more esoteric or mysterious than that.
>>
>>3044315

Yes. Photography is the closest proof of this (disregarding its technicalities).
>>
>>3044341
ic has the deepest folks
>>
>>3044354
I agree with this. We all learn in different ways. Developing as an artist to me, is about finding a way to reach the end result you want. For example, there are various methods and techniques to draw a figure. If you aren't really understanding the method of using shapes, maybe you might understand contour better, or maybe you might understand drawing with values better. I think the point is to find a technique, or mish-mash techniques, that will give you enough "ah-hah!" moments to continue practicing.
>>
>>3044354
>Me personally
kill yourself.
>>
>>3044627
can you go without 1 day on the internet without some telling you to kill themselves?
>>
>>3044637
I can cause I rarely talk on the internet.
>>
>>3044627
Oh just shut up
>>
>>3045285
me personally, I personally think you should kill yourself too, me personally.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.