[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Fags, Jus Wanna Let U Know, This Is Where The Art World Is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0794.jpg (63KB, 615x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.jpg
63KB, 615x407px
"Michael Jackson's chimp Bubbles is now an artist and he's about to have an exhibition - with paintings on sale for up to $2,000. Other primates putting their works on display include stars of 'Planet of the Apes,' orangutans from the movie 'Going Ape!' and NBC's soap opera 'Passions.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4654494/Michael-Jackson-s-chimp-Bubbles-artist.html
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (86KB, 736x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
86KB, 736x668px
>>
I think those look pretty cool and I'd hang them on my wall.
I wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for them though.
>>
>>3043890
they have exhibitions for all kinds of dumb stuff, this doesn't have anything to do with the art world. $2000 is also not much, if it were 'where the art world is today' they'd be $200,000
>>
>>3043895
>I think those look pretty cool and I'd hang them on my wall.
Because you like them or so you could say, "Yeah Bubbles the chimp painted those."?
>>
>>3043919
A bit of both.
>>
that left one is beautiful
>>
>>3043890
Terrible Shameful Bait
>>
Bubbles the chimp is back and he is a cultural Bolshevik.
>>
File: IMG_0798.gif (2MB, 505x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0798.gif
2MB, 505x283px
>>3043981
Then it's like "cat paintings" and now you are a part of the problem. The more shit like this gets promoted (celebrity artists, fucking animal artists, etc.) the more it lowers the bar for what is considered "Art". It also cheapens what it takes for real Artists to create. People see an elephant painting a canvas or some moron launching tempra out of the vag, and the first thing they think is, "Hmm, well I can do that." Which means in their mind, ANYONE can do it, which translates to Art has very little value/why would I pay a lot of money for it?
>>
>>3044137
Have you missed the part where I said I wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for it?
I can even appreciate a pure black canvas and hang it on my wall but in terms of value this stuff shouldn't even come anywhere near classical art, no matter the artist or circumstance.
>>
>>3044155
>wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for it
That's the message. Did you miss that? The guy who sells his abstracts in Jackson Square, in NOLA just had to lower his price because "cat paintings" (or monkey, or ape, or elephant, or insect, or I literally shit paint paintings. Coming soon: AI/robot paintings).
>>
>>3043890
So what. Don't pay attention to it and it will die out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.