[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP!!! I've been wanting to make a graphic novel for a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1496489871371.jpg (359KB, 2033x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1496489871371.jpg
359KB, 2033x1307px
HELP!!!

I've been wanting to make a graphic novel for a while, but I haven't progressed past the script and rough storyboards due to my lack of artistic talent. I can draw, but I want the style of the comic to lean towards realism. Which I do not have the talent for.

What do?

>pic related is a bit more abstract than I want, but close
>>
Are you looking for reference images in a particular style or are you seeking to contract someone?
>>
>>3043308

Well, I guess contract someone. I wouldn't know how to go about that though..
>>
Describe the general concept and give a blog or an email address so that someone can contact you...
>>
>>3043322

Yea alright, thanks for the advice friendo.

It's a semi-autobiographical account of events from my teenage years growing up in a small upper-middle class town about 30 miles outside New York City. The town was established in 1900 as a lake retreat community for the elite of New York, and has since devolved into the middle/upper class suburbia with the exception of a spattering of private estates and mansions tucked into the woods. The town has seen a number of child disappearances in the national forest surrounding the town since it's inception. The main character's younger sister disappears on Halloween when he neglects to fully walk her home after trick r' treating so he can go to a party across town. The story then follows the downward spiral of the main character's life for a year after the disappearance. Through his strange experiences after the incident with people in the town, he discovers the town has a dark history with ties to powerful people. At the one year anniversary of the disappearance, his sisters remains are discovered in the woods by hikers, sealed in an oil drum with several other un-identified children and one adult.

The story then time skips to him in his mid-twenties....

That should be enough to get a feel for the story. I kind of feel like that description might sound cliche or plebian, but I didn't want to give away to much. A lot of the substance of the story is based off my disturbing experiences and encounters growing up in the friend group I had. It's really more of a character study than anything else.

[email protected]
>>
theres no room for realism in comics m8
but good luck
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.