[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you guys think of Egoraptor? I think he's a tragic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

What you guys think of Egoraptor? I think he's a tragic artist story to be honest.
>>
literally who
>>
>>3042506
He's one of the people, together with with a few other Newgrouds animators, that got me into drawing

I never bothered to look up his story but I think it's a shame he doesn't make anything anymore and just does let's plays
>>
>tragic artist story
?
>>
>>3042526
Marrying someone with FAS then not doing shit.
>>
>>3042526
>>3042514
" he doesn't make anything anymore and just does let's plays"

Yea Same here. I really enjoyed his animations. I understand why though. youtube fucked over animators with their algorithm, that to get paid animators had to have over 2 minutes of video. that's when he started doing let's plays because he realized people like his personality (and required less work imo).
>>
eh, heard that he is coming with a new sequelitis soon, probably on Legend of Zelda: BOTW. Hopefully that come out by the end of this year
>>
They're coming out with a new game in July. It's a visual novel. So he's been busy and doing a lot. The game is some dad dating sim, and he's credited on it. Honestly, he still does all the art assets for the channel, and I think he's fine exploring all these other avenues while doing minimal art. I do reminisce about the newgrounds days though.

>>3042540
Not really excited about this desu. I can just see a large amount of people quoting this video like egorapter is the god of game design. This was so annoying with the old ones, especially when arin couldn't figure out games that had "good game design" according to his standards.
>>
>>3042506
I mean in terms of finding a niche and audience to support himself he probably does a lot better than 99% of others who didn't finish high school or go through secondary education.

It is sad that he doesn't do animated shorts or even more drawings/sketches on the side but what're you gonna do
>>
>becomes a shitty animator to make dick jokes that relate to video games
>takes a few months of hard work to make a 2 minute video
>finds out he could just make dick jokes about video games without months of work with lets plays that take only an afternoon
Egoraptor never wanted to be an animator, he had no passion for art. All he ever wanted to do was make stupid jokes and animation was what he used to tell them.
>>
I would be more forgiving if Game Grumps wasn't so terrible and boring.
>>
>>3042506
There's nothing tragic about him, he's an obnoxious, talentless hack that turned his animations into Gary Stu shit after his talented friend died. He's a faggot with an ugly wife.
>>
>>3043026
who hurt you
>>
>>3043026
>talented friend died
Who?
>>
>>3042653
I don't like egoraptor but you're wrong, the guy absolutely had a passion for art. He had a whole bunch of oc characters and stories and a big archive of his artwork at one time. This was a long time ago.
>>
>>3042531
Dude, he said he quit art on a stream because of people judging every tiny bit of his art and being popular kind of ruined it form. same reason why he stopped making game design vids.
>>
>>3043077
Also he realized he could get the same amount of viewers shitting out a 20 minute video of him playing videogames as he could with a 3 minute long animation that probably took a month or more.
>>
I hope to have a "tragic" story where I have millions of followers and getting money to play video games.
>>
>>3043083
Let's plays and blogging killed youtube. Absolute trash super low effort content that can be always edited to perfectly be aligned with the youtube algorithms.
>>
>>3043035
lmao bumping for answer to this
>>
>>3043035
>>3043281
I would also like an answer to this.
>>
File: DDNIN3BXsAAFbdE.jpg (47KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
DDNIN3BXsAAFbdE.jpg
47KB, 500x524px
>>3042506
I mean in terms of his own personal art career, yeah. He does help with Ross' animated series, though in writing iirc so he is still being creative.
>>
He is and always was an entertainer, it jusz happened that he found another way to express himself. Also who cares about newgrounds animators these days? They all went into obscurity.
>>
File: 1426380214333.jpg (47KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1426380214333.jpg
47KB, 437x501px
>>3043329
>Also who cares about newgrounds animators these days? They all went into obscurity.

It's sad because almost none of them can make a living doing art.
>>
>>3043109
What?

Most let's plays are just talk shows, you realize this right? Like radio shows but instead of music it's video games. Like podcasts.

There is nothing wrong about that.

There are games that make super shitty let's plays though. High energy and fast paced games like overwatch are incredibly shitty games to play for a let's play. The reason is they have to focus too much on the game and not the conversations. They also tend to have too many people and it devolves into shouting. Mario kart is shit as well.
>>
>>3043433
>Mario kart is shit as well.
Mario Kart makes for the best lets plays when you have the right group of people.
>>
>>3043472
>>3043433

Crash Team Racing is better
>>
>>3043075
he said on his fishing with crendor video that everyone sees him as having this huge passion for art, when really it was just something he was alright at and liked to do
he stopped because he didn't want to make the time for it, which shows you don't have a passion for it imo
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.