[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i git gud if i just watch a lot of videos but don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

can i git gud if i just watch a lot of videos but don't actually draw that much?
>>
No.
>>
Is this a joke?
>>
>>3041342
draw along with the video
>>
Draw or you will regret it.
>>
No.

I tend to imagine videos/books/instruction are (and this is obviously an abstraction) a multiplier. That video will make your practice, say, 0.25x more effective.

If you take 0 and multiply it by 0.25x you didn't go anywhere. Marginal practice, marginal returns. Don't be an armchair artist, /ic/ has enough people who have utterly lost touch with how to actually make art.
>>
>>3041380
This
>>
File: 1412802987027.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1412802987027.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>3041380
If you take positive any number and multiply it by 0.25 you'll go down, not up.
>>
>>3041424
any positive number*
>>
Oh shiiiit spells that reduce your skill training time by 0.25?!?!! Hook me up bros I need to do some leveling.
>>
>>3041424
I think he meant 1.25
>>
Unironically yes, but you have to do a lot of reading as well, and make sure the advice you're receiving isn't crap, and do a lot of thinking for yourself. Your art will improve without even drawing, but you will lack mileage, so it's not recommended.
>>
>>3041342
stop being lazy
>>
>>3041342
I watched Grey's anatomy so much now Im a surgeon
>>
>>3041342
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of [spoiler]strategy[/spoiler]Drawing there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
>>
>>3041342
No. Because I'm someone that watches a lot of art videos. Watching and reading isn't a replacement for doing. Though, you do pick up knowledge, skills, and tools faster than if you didn't watch them.
>>
Asking questions like this should result in an auto-ban.
>>
File: BruceNyan.jpg (39KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
BruceNyan.jpg
39KB, 259x194px
>>3041342

It works for litterature and learning language, but drawing is another beast. The act of drawing, which is applying what you know (or think you know) is like a test in School. An instant feedback, a reality check of your ability to use your knowledge.
If it works, then you've really learned something. If your buildings are looking weird, then you just THOUGHT you understood perspective. Problem with learning only in your head is that you have no reality-check to keep you from going wrong all the way.

> Also good luck with your imaginary Portfolio
>>
>>3041342
Jesus fats are so stupid

being short and being fat are fact. By those standards and the flaps of your arms, she is both short and heavily overweight. beauty is subjective, though. and the fact that she thinks that she is beautiful, feeds further into her delusion and insane mind.

the only joy you get out of seeing fats flail around and pretend to be happy and self-confident is knowing there is a mass of lard fat one push away from causing her heart to shut down, and then nobody can carry her disgusting ass of the stage
>>
>>3041509
Well no. It just makes you a terrible human being.
>>
>>3041424
Look at Mr. Big Brain over here, paying attention in math class.
>>
>>3041342
not at all. I have watched vids for like half a year now, but only drawn everyday for like 1 month, and the last month was the most beneficial.

If you only got knowledge, but cant put it on paper, its not really knowledge. Dont make the same mistake.
>>
File: 1480277024938.png (219KB, 415x397px) Image search: [Google]
1480277024938.png
219KB, 415x397px
>>3041342
If you dont enjoy drawing, why pursue it Anon?
>>
>>3041952
because im good at it, but dont necessarily enjoy it
all good artists dont like what they do much, its just hard work after all
>>
>>3042195
That's not true at all.
>>
>>3041342
No.
Why do we have this thread every day?
You can only get better at drawing by drawing.
>>
>>3041342
You definitely wrote that knowing the answer...

And the answer is NO.
>>
I identify as a good artist, I just happen to be born into a uncreative body.
>>
>>3042234
10/10
>>
File: ourLadyJ1.jpg (37KB, 395x548px) Image search: [Google]
ourLadyJ1.jpg
37KB, 395x548px
>>3041342
Here's the thing, yes, she is beautiful. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and everyone is attractive to different types of beauty.

However, this doesn't make being fat acceptable. While you should never judge someone for their weight, it is unhealthy to be overweight. Society should not encourage unhealthy lifestyles.
>>
>>3042252
You're stupid, stop paying so much attention to the picture when it's not even the topic.
>>
>>3042252
>Everyone is beautiful in their own way

This statement is meaningless. Literally means nothing demonstratable.
>>
>>3042195
You misunderstand, it's not that we don't like what we do. It's that we don't like being.
>>
>>3041944
hi chad
>>
>>3042195
You're a fucking idiot.
A lot of good artists may not like WHAT they produce, but they enjoy the process which is why they draw and how they become good artists in the first place.
Any decent artist is self critical and will always focus on their shortcomings because its how they can improve.
You can't go into something, hating it and hating making it an expect anything worthwhile to come out of it.
>>
>>3042195
Do you think every NBA player doesn't like playing basketball?
You're in for a world of hurt if you're drawing simply cuz you think you're good at it.
Ask any professional if they dislike drawing. I can almost swear that 99% of them will say no.
Listen to this crazy old man talk about how much he loves drawing, and try to find that love for drawing inside of you or you might as well pursue something more rewarding for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SuFhKPJUvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOe3p8Vq7Y
>>
>>3042271
What?

Christ son, you might be fucking retarded.

>>3042260
I'm sorry, let me get off your website and I'll be mailing you a check for the wasted bandwidth.

Also a razor so you can kill your fucking self.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.