[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is this cunt copying? >pic very related i thought it was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: who.jpg (153KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
153KB, 1066x800px
who is this cunt copying?
>pic very related
i thought it was wes burt but i couldn't line any up, i know its not this dudes original shit, but i cant pin point where i have seen these drawings before.
>>
halp plz
>>
butthurt jellyfag
>>
Anyone know what this style of shading is called?
>>
>>3039624
limited values shadings
>>
>>3039624
https://www.jetpens.com/blog/picking-the-perfect-pencil-hardness-grade/pt/475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qnhvvtEN8

You'll notice that shading like this achieved by keeping your pencils sharp. It's recommended to use quality pencils with different lead grades so you don't have to press down harder to get darker values. That way you can keep that light shading.
>>
Wesley Burt?

Idk who did the OP though, it might actually be him lol
>>
>>3039655
I can't fucking read sorry

However, who cares unless that artist is making money/popularity from -direct- copies.
Or who cares as long as they say it's a master copy or whatever.
>>
>>3039576
Idk. That dwarf looks like Tyrion Lannister. Maybe he's just getting inspiration from a bunch of different sources.

OP seems jealous. Here's the artists blog. Let's get him more followers.

https://fromthornborn.tumblr.com/
>>
OP here, im not jelly, as i feel that i am actually better than this guy, but i swear i have seen these exact drawings before especially that big eared goblin/orc in the middle.

i just dont like when plagiarism gets praise.
of that i am guilty.
>>
>>3039669
POST YOUR ART FAGGOT
>>
>>3039622
>butthurt jellyfag
This
You're worse. Suck it up.
Cry somewhere else.
>>3039669
>OP here, im not jelly, as i feel that i am actually better than this guy,
OP HERE IM TOO JELLY TO BE JELLY
Fuck off.
>>
>>3039576
Literally tons of dudes draw the same WOW-tier fantasy bullshit. It's almost as bad as every dude drawing the exact same anime girls. Just generic shit
>>
>>3039669
>i feel that i am actually better than this guy

something tells me you won't post your stuff
>>
File: aaaaahhh.jpg (82KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaahhh.jpg
82KB, 600x449px
>>3039661
>that instagram
>using a filter for drawings

It looks so bad, and the filter ruins the careful attention to values and edges. And the vignette is killing me.

Keep it b&w with little to no light fadeoff for drawings and sketches.
>>
>>3039678
>Oh noes! The person who drew pic related is better than me!
Time to shit on them with a garbage waste of space that's devoid of substance or insight.
Never change, d/ic/ks
>>
>>3039576
Is that charcoal? How the fuck did he get it to look so well done like it was done in Digital?
>>
>>3039694
Using smooth paper and very sharp pencils.
Also not really drawing with lines, but drawing with "shapes" helps this type of look a lot.
>>
>>3039694

I'm pretty sure it's pencil.
>>
>>3039694
You wouldn't believe me if I told you it was HB pencil, so fuck it. Make up whatever the fuck you want. Watercolors watered with the tears of d/ic/ks who gave the fuck up and don't draw anything.
>>
>>3039684
i have defiantly seen the chick bottom right somewhere before, same pose and everything.
>>
>>3039744
>>3039669
>>3039576
Please, kill yourself jellyfag. Never post on my board again you gossiping waste of oxygen.
>>
>>3039792
found the artist.
>>
>>3039576
its not even that hard, not to disparage the artist, but that's like the easiest way to apply tone with a pencil, because you never have to guess
>>
How do you render like that? Any resources/real time demos of it? People keep saying it's easy but I can never figure it out...
>>
>>3039843
you literally spend thousands of hours drawing with pencil

whoever told you it's "easy" was lying
>>
That guy in upper left, the pig guy and Tyrion Lannister are definietly copies of the digitalfag concept artist that I saw before. I don't remember the name though, sorry, am more interested in traditional.

Anyway, props to a guy at least that he made interesting composition out of the copies and not re-arranged it in photoshop.
>>
Where did you get the image from, OP?
Did you add filters?
I remember seeing a non-green sketchbook version by some chinese guy on artstation
>>
>>3039854
no i did not add filters, its from his facebook thats attatched to his tumblr.
>>
>>3039852
plz try to remember, its killing me, as i can remember the images too, just not the dam artists.
>>
>>3039843
it's just a softly softly catchy monkey kinda thing, you do it like with watercolors, light to dark
>>
>>3039576
Even if those are studies they're honestly pretty good. Just ask them what they used for reference.
>>
>>3039867
link?
>>
>>3039884
i cant find it, i would suggest just looking through the past top posts on level up facebook.
>>
>>3039929
found his insta: https://www.instagram.com/xavierdespinay/
he's definitely good at it,
I would've been convinced this was legitimately all his own work, if I didn't see the original on artstation last night. I could probably find it, if I were bothered enough to swim through the hundreds of artstation links in my browser history.. man do I regret not saving the pic.
regardless, let's not spend any more time on this kind of shit and get drawing.
>>
>>3039848
>>3039876
Can you explain a bit more? I really want to be able to do things like this in pencil.
>>
>>3041175
loomis figure drawing page 87
>>
truly theres no gold in the end of this rainbow

if you learn to draw people only ask where you traced it from or how they can be like you in one week

none of you respect any work or effort and thats the real reason why things like sakimichan n shad trend while you dont. Put in the work nigga theres no shortcut
>>
>>3041175
use pencil more and get better at it. learn about different pencil but still use pencil.
>>
>>3039669
Post your art, jellyboy
>>
>>3041193
This
>>3041218
Also lots of this.
>>
>>3039669
/ic/ was a fucking mistake. What's the point of a critique board that is 90% trolls?
>>
>>3039694
It's literally just basic shading with graphite on slightly grainy drawing paper. If you have any experience with traditional pencil drawing and don't understand how this is done then I have bad news for you regarding chances to make it.

Also, this dude is copying Wes, even and couple other artists, and he is better than 99% of you jellfags here. Get ur pencils and start learning from artists better than you.
>>
>>3041587
This. Its just really graphite + grainy paper that helps with smooth transitions, look at all the - what you would call it if it was digital - noise and grain everywhere.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.