[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this even possible and/or acceptable for modern """artists"""?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: refs.png (947KB, 1339x569px) Image search: [Google]
refs.png
947KB, 1339x569px
How is this even possible and/or acceptable for modern """artists"""? Not trying to be a dick but the image on the left is laughably flawed compared to the right. Is the average artist this heavily reliant on references?
>>
>>3037956
what's the source on this? and no, fucking god no. if that's legit it's genuinely amazing that he's able to render and shade that well and not know that human beings have shoulders.
>>
>>3037972
>source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmYjIlvrL6w

Never heard of him
>>
>>3038022

So, he willingfully made an incorrect drawing so he could skillfully correct it with the help of a 3D model. It's failed on purpose then, time to abandon the thread.
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>3038041
>willingfully
>>
>>3037956
References have been used since forever, the only difference is that models would be used, instead of random pictures you can find on the internet.
>>
what is so hard about imagining where the human body has connections.

why do these people feel the need to start rendering right away.

look at that fucking clockwatch in the original and then the ref. bitch couldnt even get an ellipses right.

Christ.
>>
>>3038252
Dude fucking Raphael and Caravaggio used references and models
>>
>>3038265
raphael and caravaggio set out to make something worth a shite

this guy cant draw a guy bending on a knee
>>
that image kills me every time
better than any /ic/ memes
>>
>oh look, this thread again

Artists use reference, get over it.
>>
>>3037956
>modern
I think you meant to say "contemporary" but it's still wrong, because using references isn't anything new and artists have relied on it for hundreds of years
>>
>>3037956
The human brain is limited, accept it. There is a reason why at least 99.9% of people on this board will NEVER draw an appealing human face in their lifetime without tracing/referencing most of it.
You can easily learn the geometry and to render well the single parts (if you're diligent), but putting it all together for an appealing result is either one-in-a-million magic or cheating.
>>
>>3037956

He probably can do it if he take his time. But its faster with ref and this is a paid job. He also have to do other paintings for the same book.
>>
>>3037956

That's a nice and deep hip flexor stretch though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.