[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graduated a few months ago, and seriously not getting an internship

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 23476869.jpg (474KB, 1024x1402px) Image search: [Google]
23476869.jpg
474KB, 1024x1402px
Graduated a few months ago, and seriously not getting an internship during college was one of the most shit decisions I've made.

That an not specializing on one specific thing. My portfolio is a butchered mix of graphic design, illustration, and video editing with a bit of 3D on the side.

There are literally no jobs that apply to what my portfolio is, and with no sense of direction I feel like the only realistic option for me is to

1. Get a job at a restaurant (Which is now much more difficult for me to do since I am no longer in school and already have a degree, which restaurants avoid)

2. Build up portfolio within an internship (Which raises the issue of making money while building up another portfolio, including the issue of relocating for an unpaid internship)

This is certainly not an uncommon circumstance, but boy does it suck to have graduated and not have any leads.
Anyone else in the same situation?

inb4 lul college, ok bud
>>
>he fell for the art major meme
>>
>>3037771
>Anyone else in the same situation?
I certainly hope not. What were you thinking?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEU03Q5H5sU
>>
>>3037796
>>3037806
u dont need to go to college if u dont want to, ffs
>>
>>3037771
>going in debt for art school
it's actually amazing how many people i know who went to art school for four years and still can't create even basic drawings or paintings
they really spam the abstract art meme at most schools it seems
>>
>>3038027
I'm not knocking you for going to college arts, though I don't think it's a smart move. I'm knocking you for trying to generalize your studies instead of specializing, and forgoing the internship. What were you thinking?
>>
>>3038030
>>3038031
keep going guys, all ur doing is being salty pushing off college
>>
>>3037771
thats your art? and you graduated school with that?
>>
>>3038034
post sometjhing better samfag kek
>>
>>3037771
Since when is it a requirement to list over-qualifications on job applications? Just get a shitty restaurant job for a while and work on your portfolio to fit a job or internship you want.
>>
>>3038037
i am literally finding it hard to believe what this thread is for.

1. its not a bait thread since you genuinely seem worried.
2. you say you passed school but post a sketch with really awful hatching.
3. youre arguing with people in the thread about nothing which makes me believe it is a bait thread.

actually im going for option 3. this was pasta, you took it, and you replaced the image with some random mediocre thing.
>>
>>3038044
naw dude all ur doing is shitting

????

i posted a goddamn portrait that has nothing to do with what i studied ever in my life bro, post ur shit
>>
>>3038048
so its not your work?
>>
>>3038053
its mine, since when was this thread about what ur opinion of what my drawing is like anyways

post ur shit? or just gonna shit all over my work and fuck off? then fuck off m8
>>
>>3037810
i take a look, thanks
>>
>>3038055
good god dude how did you pass school
>>
>>3038040
probably gonna be a server while i work out an internship. though if i remove my college from my resume i would find it hard to explain the 4 years of complete absense of anything on my resume
>>
>>3038057
school is about doing the work and getting things done, post ur shit u sad faggot
>>
>>3038055
What school did you go to that let you think you could get a job with that kind of work.
>>
>>3038063
i can tell uve never been to school because the vast majority of people do not have their skills down till a few years after graduation minus some mature students who drop out in the middle of college because they get jobs early
>>
>>3038066
Fair point. Would you say your schooling was worth it?
>>
>>3038067
>>3038067
no dude, but u might as well go to college to get it the fuck out of the way

same with my friends who dropped out in the middle of college, they all went back because they lived life trying to get by without it

sure its possible but its just not worth the effort to try to live ur life like some goddamn hippie
>>
>>3037771
>Get a job at a restaurant
call centers want degrees, and some of them let you draw as you talk.
>>
>>3038062
Don't presume to lecture people on what anything's about when you fucked your life up like this. Where the hell do you think you can get an internship with that hairy looking piece of shit? A proper school wouldn't even have let you in the door putting out work like that for your own good let alone graduated you. Enjoy your 20 years of debt servitude spent working the front register at a cat food store my man because a degree doesn't mean jack shit when you draw eyebrows that look like a chain-link fence.

Why would you even come here asking us for advice about how to unfuck your shit anyway? If you would have listened to us before your shit wouldn't have been fucked up to begin with. Now, no one can help you; you made your bed and you're going to have to spend the next couple decades laying in it.

>>3038067
>Fair point

What the hell are you talking about "fair point" lol. Do you honestly think OP is going to magically get better now that no one's even leveraging him with grades? Imagine being so lethargic that neither the threat of a lifetime of debt or leaving school without a degree is enough to bring you past the 'better than 8% of /ic/' level. This guy looks like he's been drawing for a few weeks, not a few years, and if his illustration is this bad we can only assume that his work in those other fields he'd mentioned is just as sorry.
>>
>those bug eyes
>that sideways, practically cubist mouth
>that hatching
>a lifetime of debt
>4 years of study

Gee I wonder why nobody respects arts degrees anymore
>>
>>3038327
Post fag lol
>>
>>3038336
U too
>>
>>3038076
Looks like you just wasted your education and time if all you can muster after a art school is a shitty portrait like that. This is why I advise kids to do a business or stem degree and leave art as a hobby so they dont end up like the OP
>>
>>3038354
I go to an atelier for 3 hours a week and I'm way better than you college boy. I think I paid less than $750 so far total lmao. I'm not going to waste my time posting my work on behalf of a room temperature IQ retard like you-I don't want people to see me bullying a special ed kid. Enjoy your debt you fucking pathetic loser lmao
>>
File: 1485038471241.png (495KB, 906x875px) Image search: [Google]
1485038471241.png
495KB, 906x875px
>>3037771
Mate I'm not trying to rag on you but you and only you can make your work look better and if you think interning at some company is going to help you make your art look better when college couldn't even fix your basic fundamentals, then you have a really big problem...

I'm sorry everyone else is trying so hard to rag on you. /ic/ is incredibly insecure and they're way worse then they think they are. But you need to take a look at yourself, take a look at other professionals, and think real hard about why you think your work isn't fitting in the job market. Thinking that not getting an internship being the reason why you have no goal to walk towards with your work is delusional.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.