[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fine to listen to music while drawing, or are the expe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: _0052_rgb_MP582-RGB-front_V2.png (460KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
_0052_rgb_MP582-RGB-front_V2.png
460KB, 1800x1800px
Is it fine to listen to music while drawing, or are the experts against it?

So I know according to Richard Williams's Animation Survival guide it is a sin against nature to listen to music while drawing. But I was wondering if anyone with talent ever had anything to say on the subject.

And when I say music I'm talking about this kind of stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHuXbd9Gvk
>>
I listen to looped music from games if it has a specific feeling I want to draw. The music helps me picture an animation playing out in my head. However, it IS pretty hard for me to cut off visualization in my head and start drawing again.

To put it simply, you just have to know yourself enough to know if it'll work for you. If you're unsure, experiment more.
>>
I play anything and everything while drawing, from podcasts, livestreams, single track on loop and super long playlists, I can't work in silence.
>>
It's probably not a great idea to listen to music when you're planning out an animation sequence, since the music will affect the rhythm of whatever you draw, but once you've got that figured out, and if you're just doing refining work, then I don't see the problem with music.

Now if you're drawing or painting, not animating, then I think it matters even less, but if you're struggling with something, mute the music and focus for a bit.

This attitude of "Work in dead silence or you're doing it wrong" is counterproductive. Music can be quite useful in helping you focus, especially in an office environment, because it blots out the outside world.

I always take Richard Williams advice with a bit of salt, since he makes plenty of decisions as an animator I don't particularly agree with.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.