[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What additional hardware do you use besides your drawing tablet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: graphictabletaccessoires.jpg (747KB, 1395x720px) Image search: [Google]
graphictabletaccessoires.jpg
747KB, 1395x720px
What additional hardware do you use besides your drawing tablet?

I'm currently thinking about getting something extra (be it the wacom remote, a third party hotkey device, or even something hardware based like palettegear), since I'm a bit annoyed about the missing touchstrip on the cintiq 13hd.

Or maybe it's possible to use an old ipod touch as dedicated color picker or something? Does any of you guys know if there's an app for that?

basically: digital drawing tools + extras thread.
>>
highly recommend the Logitech G13
>>
File: Wacom-Intuos-3D-gallery-1-g.jpg (273KB, 1612x640px) Image search: [Google]
Wacom-Intuos-3D-gallery-1-g.jpg
273KB, 1612x640px
I use a G13 + a numpad to control opacity with my left hand.
Thinking about changing to a Razer Tartarus since the G13 is too big.

I'm interested in buying those knobs but they are really expensive.
https://palettegear.com/

>Or maybe it's possible to use an old ipod touch as dedicated color picker or something? Does any of you guys know if there's an app for that?

There used to be an iOS app that would let you control opacity and brush size in Photoshop but Adobe took it down. I don't think there is any replacement.
>>
>>3036045
Oh hey why so much of these superficial stuff. I would rather spend the money in a better computer/tablet.
>>
>>3036165
Because art requires a lot of repetitive tasks. Unless you want a RSI or carpal tunnel you're gonna need ergonomy.

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/ergonomics-and-hardware

Besides that, it's easier to get into the flow instead of looking at your keyboard for shortcuts.

Like when playing videogames, you just focus on doing and not looking at the controller.
>>
I got a razer orbweaver but in the end just stuck to a normal keyboard in front of my tablet. It just werks.
>>
>>3036165
1. my computer is already upgraded to the maximum that is economically sensible for this type of work - upgrading the input devices and other stuff at this point is the only form of investment that still has good cost/benefit outlook.

2. what >>3036170 said - Using the hotkeys on the side of the cintiq seriously hurts my hands after a while. Also everytime you have to do something like changing brush size (which is all the fucking time), I don't want to have to take my eyes off the canvas to find the appropriate setting, but simply do it with my left hand, while continuing to draw with the other. The time saved on such small things is the one that adds up the fastest.
>>
>>3036045
The only things I use with my Cintiq is a ColorMunki, and I put the Cintiq on a dual-monitor arm, instead of the massive base it came with. I use a wired keyboard, below it, plugged into the USB port on the Cintiq.
>>
>>3036234
>I don't want to have to take my eyes off the canvas to find the appropriate setting, but simply do it with my left hand, while continuing to draw with the other
I just map all the shortcuts I use to the left side of my keyboard.
a and s control opacity
d and f control brush size
e toggles eraser
r color picks
>>
>>3036239
I already do that - my complaint is mostly because some of these settings can't be controlled comfortably by button presses.

E.g. brush size or zoom level: If you have a hotkey, then pressing this hotkey once will increase/decrease the current value by a certain increment (e.g. make the brush bigger by 15px, zoom in by 5%-points.)

Way too often however I only want to increase/decrease the brush size by one or two pixels, or only want to zoom in by a very small amount (alternatively: I want to change the brush from 30px to 3000px, and don't want to click 50 times to do so).

Before I got the cintiq, this was very easy: the old intuos tables (and I think the first generation of cintiqs?) had a touchstrip as input, where you could simply swipe up or down to increase whatever value you wanted, very fast and very precisely.
>>
>>3036151
Get the orbweaver if you need more keys than the tartarus.
>>
File: 20170622_001040.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_001040.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>3036045
I'm in a similar spot like you but I use the cintiq pro 13, I suggest picking up the Logitech g13 when mapped correctly you don't need your keyboard. It's economic as fuck, don't forget about using a monitor arm + command strips for even more e r g o n o m i c s
>>
I used a dualshock 2 for the longest time. It worked great!
>>
>>3036249
You just need to learn the keyboard shortcuts better. I don't use SAI, but looking in Google they have keyboard shortcuts to make the brush bigger and smaller, the "[" and "]" keys. These can be easily mapped to the express keys on a cintiq.

For Photoshop, it's even easier, just hold down the Control and Alt key while using the brush tool - moving the pen while held down makes the brush bigger and smaller, and up and down changes the hardness of the brush.

Most shortcuts and modifiers are based off the modifier keys on the keyboard, so I have Shift, Alt, Control, Windows and Space key (pan) set to the express keys on the left hand side of my Cintiq. Control and Alt to change the size/hardness, and just the alt key for the eyedropper, while in brush mode.
Everything else I put into the radial menus you get free with a Cintiq, from Wacom.
>>
File: 765950256-1.jpg (296KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
765950256-1.jpg
296KB, 720x480px
>>3036694
Reminds me of this guy but he took it a step further by reconfiguring the hardware:
>https://www.pixivision.net/en/a/1211
>>
>>3036694
You can do that?
That's a really good idea.
>>
>>3036694
how do you plug in the controller port to usb
>>
>>3036889
The ones from PS3/4 are connected via micro USB
>>
File: peripherals.png (425KB, 806x461px) Image search: [Google]
peripherals.png
425KB, 806x461px
Little macropad and keyboard mounted on the cintiq. Keyboard is on a Cintweak tray.
>>
File: 81zmQCSvy5L._SL1500_.jpg (163KB, 1500x1127px) Image search: [Google]
81zmQCSvy5L._SL1500_.jpg
163KB, 1500x1127px
>>3036918
>>3036669
I like those
>>3036151
I have an orbweaver, and a intuos pro large

but I like to use my tablet in mouse mod with a big surface of the tablet corresponding on a small surface of the monitor, which means I eighter have to cross my entire large intuos from right to left a few times if I want to move from a monitor to another (to change ref or whatever) or put down my stylus take my mouse, move it, then do the switch again

so I decided to change my orbweaver with pic related. Like that I have my stylus on the tablet, a mouse ready to move my cursor around the screen and access to 12 shortcuts at all time

but it still has to come from amazon so I can't tell how it actually is, just stating a option you might want to consider

ps: if you are curious why I like to have such a large tablet for a small part of the screen is because when drawing more objects in the same perspective, I like to see more than one object, zooming in to draw something means the perspective will turn out awful, not zooming in with normal tablet options means I can't draw something ok without covering my entire screen
>>
>>3037098
I wish more people would realize this. Zooming in will screw up your perspective and proportions.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.