[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too embarrassed to update my blog anymore because i'm not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

I've had a blog for 2 years, in the beginning, i was making progress but I've stagnated this whole year. Now I feel embarrassed every time I post something.
>>
>>3035637
cool story bro. thanks for making a thread about it.
>>
>>3035692
Really?
>>
>>3035637
Most people who follow you care about consistency more than about quality and the ones who don't follow you and just stumble upon your blog won't care either way.
>>
post your work here
>>
Stopped posting and showing off my work completely because of this. I feel paralyzed.
>>
>>3035709
They do though, hence those autistic improvement threads.
>>3035711
https://fiftyeightsqq.tumblr.com/

What's embarrassing is how much effort I put in and yet I can't seem to improve
>>
>>3035715
You did improve though. It will be harder to improve in the areas you're most competent in, simply due to the law of diminishing returns.
Keep going. I'd suggest to do more value studies at your current level and practice composition so you can finally do some finished pieces.

Mastering perspective and anatomy takes years, so you better start working on your other skills along the way. You have the tools, now use them.
>>
>>3035637
anon is cute
>>
>>3035637
Whatever, let's have a talk: how do you guys feel about removing shitty art from your blog? Do you just leave it there? If you post something and the next day you can't look at it without throwing up, do you take it down? I do that shit all the time.
>>
don't sweat it. There's only one solution to stagnation and holding yourself accountable to your followers is a good way to stay motivated. I'm trying to recover from a period of regression myself so I know where you're coming from.
>>
>>3035715
Hey man I like seeing your work pop up in my feed every now and then, you have improved for sure, but what i'd suggest doing is try and finish more pieces/make more polished drawings.
Cuz what you're doing now, at least based on what you've posted, it seems like you're simply going for mileage, which is good, but you also have to try your best on a few pieces every now and then,
Right now it just feels like you're filling papers for the sake of filling papers, rather than trying to improve and having fun with it
>>
>>3035715
You're stuck in sketch limbo, you should do more finished pieces. You know that you're scared of doing it because pages and pages of sketches are safe, but you have to do it. You can learn a lot from rendering and color.
>>
>>3035763
Yeah, kinda. I remove it the next minute I post it, usually to rework/adjust some stuff. Tbh I didn't realize how unfinished and half-assed my pieces were before I started posting online
>>
>>3035767
Instagram makes it a lot harder because you instantly get notes for your posts and the moment you delete something you're pulling the rug from your audience.
>>
>>3035768
It's about having a fresh eye anyway, you can just revisit your piece after some sleep and check if it's good enough to post
>>
>>3035774
Yeah I'll start doing that, it's getting a little too frequent as of late
>>
>>3035637

Ok, so I found your Perman00bs thread because I'm a stalker like 100% of 4chan.

You say nice things there:

- guy offered you a help with storyboards after seeing your sketches
- you see the enormous difference between 2013 and now
- you hear the advice of other guy to fucking slow down and focus on less sketches (I'd add here: work on line economy and do something that for 1 character that could be animated in the future, some sequential poses, different expressions etc.)
- you want to do something different

So why the fuck you go here and whine like a bitch ass? You want to go into animation - you are on your way to do so. Maybe instead of doing eternal sketches, go past that page and do small animated project for the next weeks that lasts 15 seconds or so.

Also fucking vary what you are doing, it's ok if you are focused on figures, but doing so many expressionless heads in not even vary varied angles serves no purpose at all, especially with so many lines. Draw with less lines. Vary things. Do those exercises to rotate 1 head in perspective, or do 1 head and cast different light on it, you can block in with brushpen even because you don't need detail and block-in can be flat.

Goddamn, focus. And persist to get that minor freelancing animation job, it would be best experience for you.
>>
>>3035783
>Goddamn, focus
You could really say this to anyone posting in /ic/, daily.
>>
File: nervous.gif (102KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.gif
102KB, 450x450px
>>3035715
Who are you? Were you the same person a few months ago? Why are you pretending to be me again? I lurk /ic/ for resources sometimes but don't post. I'm not good with strangers, especially on the internet. I wouldn't have that blog either if I wasn't asked to make it. I can't tell what the point of this is. Something like that make me doubleplus nervous.

>>3035765
I'm surprised any of the few followers pays attention to what I do. How did you find my blog? Was it on the sidebar?

>>3035783
Thanks for the critique, stalking is bad though. You're right that's not me, I wouldn't come to whine. I keep to myself. Yes I think I will plan for animating something new. The minor animation job is probably won't work though unfortunately. I think the storyboarder was expecting an experienced JPN animator but I have none. I haven't heard back even though he said he would so he was probably disappointed when I told him. I did ask him before how he found the blog and I was surprised to hear that it shows up on the sidebar. I disabled search engines in the settings, but I can't figure how to disable that.

>>Everyone else
Maybe to understand the progress made in the past year I'd need to make a recording of myself drawing. I measure progress by gaining abilities I've never had. Then again I dunno, I keep to myself a lot so maybe it's not much. OP is right that I do feel kinda embarrassed when I upload bad stuff but it doesn't phase me much. I made my sketchbook to build the courage to post practically everything and succeeded. Also thank you very much for all the critique I'll save it, some is new. It won't be instant but I have begun moving towards the directions indicated after someone gave me similar indication in my sketchbook. It is nice to know I have made progress too since I first started. I didn't draw as a kid like I think I lot of people do but I found it fun so I kept at it. I was thinking about pausing art to focus on school and work but I'll reconsider.
>>
File: IMG.jpg (225KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
225KB, 750x1000px
>>3035933
As for proof of that I'm not OP and that this post is actually me, attached hasn't been uploaded anywhere yet.

I've put away my office pens and threw my red crayon in the trash. I'll be using a pencil without limiting the eraser and my dip pen from now on. I am open to critique but I think I've found most of the main issues. The anatomy is funny on that one guy since the body was an after thought. I think I need to develop a workflow at some point since I sometimes draw with my 'instinct' instead of more proper.
>>
>>3035715

I've seen your stuff for a long time and you've inspired me to start practicing animation. I think that you're skilled enough to do a quick short. Don't be discouraged from drawing a few frames, just draw more. A huge perk is that an animation, regardless of quality, is more rewatchable and loved by everyone than a single digital painting.
>>
>>3035933
Don't remember, but I've been following you for well over a year so either you've posted in the promo thread or you followed me and i followed you back idk
>>
who cares
>>
>>3035933
Makes me glad I stopped posting my blog in here.
>>
>>3035949
I'm happy to hear that I've inspired someone even though I don't have much. I'll keep what you've said in mind.

>>3035954
Well I suppose the mystery doesn't matter. If you've got a google hangouts you regularly draw in with others, message the link if you'd like to draw together some day. I don't communicate much but it's nice to draw together with people when they are around when I use my tablet.

>>3035958
Exactly.

>>3035963
The funny thing is that I've never posted my blog anywhere which is why this makes me nervous. In fact even the stuff I post myself has been in so few I basically recall where they all are.
>>
File: push_me_pull_you.jpg (28KB, 505x471px) Image search: [Google]
push_me_pull_you.jpg
28KB, 505x471px
>>3035637
This is EXAXTLY my situation right now.
>>
>>3035933
>Why are you pretending to be me again?
never post anything here
>>
>>3035637
Stupid blogposter
>>
>>3035637
yeah, okay, don't update it then.
no
one
cares
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.