[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think about our comic (http://boysland.theweb

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pg131.png (741KB, 855x1230px) Image search: [Google]
pg131.png
741KB, 855x1230px
What does /ic/ think about our comic (http://boysland.thewebcomic.com/archive/#ch_99904)? It has above average art for a webcomic, good humor? (I mean we like it, so whatever haha)

and monsters yo! Monsters are always cool

plus our characters are original and don't feel like fan characters that belong to other works and have an underlining sense of mystery through.
>>
Is it above most webcomic art? Probably, but that's not really an achievement, considering the sheer amount of amateur comic creators on the net.
The art is bad and it's clear that your artist is lacking even the most basic of fundamentals, such as proportions and perspective. On the bright side it matches the writing which is just as bad. Immature jokes, weak punchlines and really unnatural, stilted dialogue. Your 'original story' doesn't make up for it; the promised 'sense of mystery' fell completely flat for me, just as the characters did. Your pacing is garbage. If your story doesn't follow a traditional structure, you better make sure the characters are interesting enough to keep me reading.
The design elements of the comic are also rather bland. You do have some visually interesting pages, but it seems like those where more of a happy accident than thought out compositions.

That said, I'm clearly not the audience you guys want for this comic. I assume you were aiming at a young boy demographic (shonen)?

It's good to hear you have fun with your comic though. Wether you decide to step up your game or not: Keep going, proud of you. It's an achievement to finish 200+ pages; not a lot of folks can say that for them. Let haters be haters.
>>
anyone have anything positive to say?
>>
That was positive lol, he isnt lying to you anon you really do need more practice........scrub
>>
>>3036763
thats just like your opinion man, we have plenty of fans and the comic is growing
>>
>>3035593
>>3036933
>>3036747
Typical.
>>
Character designs are ugly desu. Your lines look unrefined and unconfident, very amateur imo.
Like >>3035708 said, it might be above most webcomic art... but have you seen how bad most webcomic art is? I mean it's like telling me I'm better than most of the submissions to newest on deviantart, it's not really something I'd feel proud of.
Now if you were to say is it above average art in general? Absolutely not, it's worse than average. But webcomic art has low standards.
Compare yourself to the average manga skill, do you think you're better? If you want to be great then this is what you should strive for.

One of my favourite manga is Fruits Basket, but the art is low tier. However, it's definitely high tier if it was a webcomic. Still, furuba was a good story and well received despite this. The art also improved as more issues came out, the author wanted to reach a decent level.
You don't have to be an incredible artist to tell a good story.

>>3036933
>>3036747
Also check your attitude. This is a critique board, people will critique your work if you post. If you read them and take them on board you might actually learn a thing or two.
Be grateful someone even bothered.
>>
>>3036981
>You don't have to be an incredible artist to tell a good story.
lol first u attack the art, then you say it doesn't matter.

are you guys all trolls here or what?
>>
>>3037417
Yes, plus your art sucks.
>>
>>3037427
obviously its not pro quality, its just a web comic. lets see you do better
>>
>>3037433
I can't do better, but that doesn't mean your art is good.
>>
>>3037417
Is this for real?
How does that negate one point? Yes your art is shit but I said that ultimately in terms of webcomics that doesn't seem to matter to a certain degree so long as you have good storytelling.
Of course art fucking matters. No one is going to read MsPaint tier art no matter how good the story is. But the standards are a lot lower for a comic and people don't seem to mind that much. You don't have to be professional tier to be successful.
Also grow the fuck up. I didn't attack your art. You asked if it was better than average and I elaborated. If you didn't want to know then why did you ask? Again this is a fucking critique board, not asspat central. People come here asking for advice on how to improve and asking what they're doing wrong. Not to tell you how great you are. That's what you have DeviantArt for.

Have you even bothered to lurk here before you posted?
>>
>>3037417
To be honest people in this thread where rather patient with you. Be glad some anons took the time to read your comuv and gave their thoughts. Learn to take critique, wether you agree with it or not.
Why did you post on this board anyway? This is /ic/, where people ten times as good at you still get shit upon. You are, in fact, quite lucky no one actually 'trolled' you with board memes or ironic compliments.

Like I said in my other post, I do admire the time and dedication you put into those 200 pages. If you're happy with the current quality of your comic, congratulations.
But even if you decide to stay mediocre, learn how to present yourself. You're acting really pathetic.
>>
>>3037451
lol if you cant do any better what makes you think you know what youre talking about?
>>
Why do you guys always fall so easily for this pathetic vendetta shitposter? He has the exact same pattern every single time he impersonates an artist. No one comes to this board, starts a new thread immediately posting their art and a link to their blog / webcomic and then acts all arrogant and confrontational about any criticism. That just doesn't happen.
>>
>>3037543
>if you cant do any better what makes you think you know what youre talking about?
anyone with two eyes and a sense of aesthetics would tell you the same. and yes, compared to published comic authors your work is indeed shit.

for webcomics it's actually mediocre in every sense. too bad to be actually intriguing, but not bad enough to be funny. it's boring
>>
>>3036763
>>3036941
>>3036981
>>3037433
>>3037474
>>3037541
>>3037557
>replying to bait
>>3037555
trips of truth
>>
>>3037555
autism, stay off pol for a while
>>
>>3037560
>>3037555
It does happen actually, you underestimate the type of people who come here.
I suppose that guy who kept making new threads for his art and always reposted that same steven universe OP image was just bait/vendetta and not just some actual idiot?
I've been here for years and seen people make this exact kind of thread legitimately many times.
>>
>>3037555
I think its called falseflagging or I like to call it creative writing, in any case mods should be given full power to act on any suspicions.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.